⚰ Death

I’m afraid there were more casualties. London Zoo said the would realeasing a full alphabetical list later in the day. :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Leon from Googlebox. He was one of the best participants. A good lad.

Bob Givens: Bugs Bunny animator dies aged 99

That’s all folks…

The actress who played Louisa Von Trapp has taken her last curtain call.

He’ll be dead!

2 Likes

Peter Preston, former editor of The Guardian, has passed away aged 79. I meet him a few times when I worked there. Nice man. RIP

2 Likes

Ray Thomas, flute player and founder of The Moody Blues had passed on aged 76.

Saw them at Soton Uni around in 1968…chatting to them after the gig…asked why the didn’t play encores. The tapes on the Meletron would have to be rewound was the answer. Nice chap RIP. :lou_sad:

French 60’s singer France Gall… who?, yeah me too, but on reading the BBC obit. this bit about her collaboration with that old wiley rascal Serge Gainsbourg caught the eye…

''Gall’s collaboration with Gainsbourg later came under scrutiny, however, after she admitted she had been too young to fully understand the double meanings of some of his songs.

One of her biggest hits was Les Sucettes (Lollipops), which tells the story of a girl who is “in paradise” every time “that little stick is on her tongue”.

Once she realised its full meaning, Gall refused to perform the song and vowed never to work with Gainsbourg again.

File pic shows French Singer France Gall eating a lollipop in Cannes on 10 August 1966

Gall sings of Serge’s Lollipop

Tommy Lawrence, LIverpool goalie in the 1960’s who played several times against us when we first got promoted to Div 1, has died aged 77.

Lost his place when they signed the young Ray Clemence in 1970.

“Fast Eddie” Clarke of Motorhead fame gone to the great mosh pit in the sky.

Only Phil Taylor from the original lineup left

:lou_sad:

Sorry Cobs, the ‘Filthy Animal’ departed for that mosh pit in 2015…

1 Like

, My bad. I’ll go and give myself a stern talking to about not keeping my finger on the pulse…

lol

Bella Emberg!

1 Like

I heard on the radio that Russ Abbot said she was a real comic talent.

How would he know?

(Sorry @barry-sanchez - we know he’s still huge in chez 'Chez)

I saw an obituary report on the tv (is an obituary just in print?). Anyway people who worked with Russ Abbott were saying that they didn’t want Bella to just be a fat girl who got laughs and were trying to make out that they changed comedy and the way fat women were portrayed. Well, as a member of that audience, albeit a young one, I remember the joke always being that she was fat and unattractive. Funny how people try to re-write history.

2 Likes

I thought she was attractive, funny yes, a tad overweight by today’s standards but at the same time I’ve no idea who she is :grimacing:

I’m old enough just a bit culturally stupid. She wasn’t in the Carry on Movies?

She was your momma

hattie jacques I was thinking of