© Cover us in glory

2 Likes

Like the opening to that. Haven’t got the half an hour to dedicate to listening to the full version just yet but like the direction it was heading in.

Have bookmarked it for tomorrow morning so will see if I feel the same after 33 mins.

1 Like

OK, well that didn’t carry on as it started! LOL. It changed dramatically pretty much after I stopped listening last night.

It got quite trippy and hypnotic in stages and reminded me of a number of songs as it got further and further out of phase.

This…

and this…

Yeah, it strolls slowly but purposefully round the houses.

Love that Japan track. And I’m suddenly struck by how odd it is that Sylvian and O’Rourke have never (to my knowledge) worked together. They certainly mix in similar circles.

I think that was the problem. I am led to believe that O’Rourke wandered around Mrs Sylvian’s garden if you catch my drift. Did some thorough digging. Really weeded it. Planted a lot of seed. Yeah?

Bit of a cheat. Two of my favourite songwriters…one covers it the other doesn’t…

1 Like

Where did you hear this?

I have my sources.

Live version from Neil Hannon…

Brand new charity record…and rather lovely too…

1 Like

Not sure what Burt Bacharach and Dionne Warwick made of it but for me one of the greatest covers ever. Vintage keyboards from Dave Greenfield RIP.

4 Likes

T’was much better live in a mates’ garden :wink:

Which reminded me

Which reminded me

Apologies if posted before, just had a flashback flashback

1 Like
1 Like

I always had a soft spot for this Beatles cover. Very early Yes, from their 1st album i think.

I still have a copy of 801 Live somewhere (vinyl, natch). Was a big favourite of mine back in the day.

I don’t know if I’ve already said this, but… The Pet Shop Boys.

1 Like

He’s no Phil Collins

No, he’s dead.

I wondered why he wasn’t moving in that video.