:covid_19: 😷 🏥 Corona Virus the thread for all your fears ❓

I saw a senior consultant in a London hospital on TV a few days ago. He was contrasting having 30-40 Covid patients in intensive care at the peak in 2020, with the 8 he has now. But he went around the ward, pointing at each patient saying “Unvaccinated, unvaccinated, unvaccinated…”.

Does it make you angry? he was asked. He replied its not the only serious disease where people make bad lifestyle choices, but yes, it does make me angry, as its the easiest choice to make.

3 Likes

Denmark is leading the way here, hopefully this is us in a few weeks.
Something to bear in mind - a pan-coronavirus vaccine is in clinical trials.

We’ve not changed anything in months.
Masks in Malls Public Transport etc.
Checking Covid passports allows bar/restaurant to have 100% not 30% capacity so most do or are foreign tourists only who needed jabs to get here.
Had a meeting to discuss anything else and it was carry on.
Although you can now claim £3k compensation if you catch it at work encouraging distancing

How on earth could that be proven?

It’s that bit of the week when Phil is sober.

1 Like

Was just one of the questions asked tbh.
Will put small firms out of business.

Apparently there was a vote on measures in Parliament today. The coalition who have a majority lost.

So no. No idea :rofl:

And I am sober today!
Airport transfer at midnight, youngest us en route.
I clearly taught him well.
He just reached frequent flyer Platinum status on Lufthansa.
In a pandemic…

Emotional appeal! I spent the best part of the last 2 years either offshore or in Isolation my emotional appeals just got a fine from the Malaysian officials and an eviction notice.

2 Likes

536 deaths out there yesterday in the UK. About half of what it was during the peak.

This prediction is up there with your SuperBru

I have still got a strong positive on the LFT (day 9) - what is the record for longest positive test? I might as well have something to aim at.

Can batches of tests give false positives?

LET ME OUT

1 Like

You’re allowed out on Day 11 even if you’re still testing positive, apparently

1 Like

At least we’ve sussed out what the CB stands for.

COVID Bearer

6 Likes

Crotchety Bastard

4 Likes

And that too :wink:

UPDATE:

Cunningly timed LFT at 5.30pm yesterday came up negative

Another one of those and I am off to the pub tonight

1 Like

In order to catch it again? :wink:

5 Likes

Triple jabbed AND just had it?? I am bullet proof monk

2 Likes

Last Tuesday I took an elderly lady to a chiropractor appointment - several weeks prior to this she had had a stroke, and because they got her to hospital so quickly, a quick procedure and she is fine!
She rang me up today to say she had tested positive - more than likely a result of contact with people during hospital visits!
I tested negative Wednesday and today, but even if I test positive later, I do not regret taking her for her treatment.
It just a shame that our medical institutions seem to be a hotbed of preventable disease.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :covid_19: :mask: :hospital: Corona Virus the thread for all your fears PT II :question:

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.