😆 Comedy genius

Pap’s comedy is very heavily influenced by Morris, Hicks, Sayle and Hale & Pace which is why he’s able to pull off his Brexit material so well. When you can draw upon the genius of so many legends of comedy, you’re going to be one of the best.

1 Like

To be fair, the Brexit stuff works so well because it’s true, not because it’s funny.

I suppose the joke was 16m people being convinced to vote against democracy.

And 17m for “democracy”?

Hardly a ringing endorsement on either side given the size of the UK population eh?

Have seen the odd stat here and there (have a look on the bbc website for example) indicating the reality is starting to hit home that Brexit is and was always for the politicians and not joe public trying to make their way in the world.

Comic genius- guess this would fit on the Brexit thread as well…

:lou_wink:

That moment that made Bill Burr. When he took on a stadium full of drunk ‘n hecklin’ Philadelphians.

Hale and Pace are genius in one department. Comedic cruelty to animals.

If this post is left unchallenged I will assume I am completely correct in this statement :smiley:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Classic Aussie Humour

Off to see Bill Burr at the end of February. Wahoo.

1 Like

Nice. I hear he’s getting a bit of a rough ride across the pond from oversensitive audiences.

It’s Vic and Bob, obviously.

3 Likes

Great to see the return on Novelty Island - and, of course, of Graham Lister. A true quality act from Lister, too.

Loved it…“How do you prepare your Turkey for Christmas?” haha.

1 Like

This is genius.

Been listening to Yes Minister. It really is a brilliant series. Has to be hands down the most educational comedy ever.

2 Likes

I watch a few on the way back from Singapore

It is amazing (worrying) how relevant it still is

2 Likes

An oldie but definitely still funny today.

1 Like
2 Likes

Marvellous- best character in Peep Show.

1 Like

My baby bro and I know someone quite like him.

We surreptitiously try to say “Super Hans” whenever he’s about. He never twigs. Normally too out of it, like.

1 Like