🍻 :astonvillafc: Claret? Blue Nun? No thanks, mine's a Red Stripe

Seems as a few from here are going to the Villa match this Friday night who fancies meeting up for a few pre-match bevvies and, depending on the result, a cheeky post-match one or two?

And if someone, @Fowllyd??, can come up with a decent pun for the header I will bye them a pint.

Yes indeed, I could be up for that. Hope you like the thread title.

6 Likes

Blue Nun.
Got way too many of us laid back in the late 70s/early 80s

Well punny, you are indeed a smith of words…

So where to meet? Rockstone? Somewhere in town??

Are any of @Shroppie, @Waylander , @lifeintheslowlane, @Lets-B-Drinking, or @Goatboy likely to join us?

I’m booked on a table at the Guide Dog but it would be good to divert briefly to meet people. Rockstone would work for me

1 Like

Not this time.
It would be good to meet you folks sometime, if it happens please note that I have artificial hearing that does not function well in situations of high background noise.

4 Likes

If I had my way I’d be up for pre-match drinks every home game. However I share transport with my mate who isn’t on Sotonians so knows nobody here. On the rare occasions he doesn’t go to a home game, I attend.
Won’t be joining you on Friday. :unamused:

I could certainly make it to the Rockstone - haven’t been there in a fair old while, and I’ve always liked the place.

1 Like

Maybe switch allegiances and support Arsenal. Home games at the library are pretty quiet. :wink:

3 Likes

OK so I have booked a table at the Stone of Rock for 18:00 for 4 peeps.

See you there @Fowllyd and @Shroppie and anyone else who decides to join…

2 Likes

Great. It’ll be a quick pint as I’ve promised to head for the Guide Dog (round the corner) for about 6:30, but looking forward to meeting you.

2 Likes

Feck sake, bus replacement service between Bournemouth and Southampton tomorrow, looks like I will be driving

:worried: