:efl: Championship :saints: Southampton v Middlesbrough :middlesbroughfc:

:efl: Championship :saints: v :middlesbroughfc:

Good Friday and my Daughters’ birthday :slight_smile:

The reverse fixture was the last time we were beaten before Bristol City rocked up and kicked us in the arse…

Predict the :saints: v :middlesbroughfc: Outcome
  • :middlesbroughfc: won the reverse fixture, and are on a good run of form, they will win this fixture too :middlesbroughfc: to win
  • The International break has given Russell Martin time to hone his squad and sort out the defence. :saints: will destroy :middlesbroughfc: (we will fucking munter them as @Rugbysaint would say) :saints: to win
  • score draw
  • We will smaah them to oblivion playing the most sensational football ever seeb. @Polski_Filip has a hospital appointment in a suburb of Krakow at 3pm. No chance to listen or watch :saints: to win
  • bore draw

0 voters

My daughters’ birthdays and a Friday afternoon kick-off…

1 Like

Brooksy didn’t train all week.
Came on for Wakes then got subbed off.
Illness apparently
Should be OK gor weekend

1 Like

So not for Friday then…

‘We have been written off by everyone’ - Martin

Russell MartinIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES

Russell Martin says it is a “beautiful thing” that Southampton are being overlooked for an automatic promotion spot with 10 games remaining.

Saints begin their run-in by hosting Middlesbrough on Good Friday and then travel to fellow promotion chasers Ipswich Town on Easter Monday.

“It is going to be a really busy five weeks and I think everyone is excited about it,” said Martin. " I think the beautiful thing for us is that we have been written off by everyone.

"We have a tough game against Middlesbrough who are in good form. They have been unlucky if you look at their data and they probably should be higher up the table.

“Over the international break, the guys that have been here have been fantastic. I have really enjoyed working with them.”

The Saints boss confirmed defender Jan Bednarek “should be available” for Friday’s game after helping Poland secure a place at this summer’s Euro 2024.

David Brooks, who has been ill but also featured in that same play-off game for Wales against Poland, is also expected to recover in time.

Elsewhere, defenders Juan Larios and Walker-Peters returned to group training during the break, while forward Ross Stewart “is back on the grass doing light training.”

We will smaah them to oblivion playing the most sensational football ever seeb.

I have a hospital appointment in a suburb of Krakow at 3pm.

No chance to listen or watch

Well timed for the poll that has been added to the OP

1 Like

Current form, most recent match on the right…

https://twitter.com/nmaddo/status/1773235410581242355?t=uyfJL9h0AtXG6pKxly-xdA&s=19

2 Likes

Not sure I’m familiar with the term ‘fucking munter them’ :thinking::grin:

A weekend of footie

Saints then

My local team Leatherhead FC v South Park - Isthmian League action with the Bro-in-law on Saturday. Looking forward to some good agricultural football.

I’m hoping this will be us in the stands

IMG_1521

FFS.
You can’t play Adams & Armstrong together…
:man_facepalming:

Yeah but Bree starts. :+1::+1::+1:

Bednarek & Brooks not quite ready.
Bednarek 1 yellow from suspension but that resets on Monday.
Sulemanna starts.
Oh how we’d love to see him tear a team apart as he implies he could but…

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrmmmmmmmssssssstttttttttrrrrrrrrrooooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg

Middlesbugger hit the post…

I have beer

Can we bring Ricky on 2nd half?

1 Like