:efl: Championship :saints: Saints v Sheffield Wednesday :sheffieldwednesdayfc:

:saints: v :sheffieldwednesdayfc:

Predict the :saints: v :sheffieldwednesdayfc: Outcome
  • :sheffieldwednesdayfc: have come into a bit of form - it’s not just this game. I have an uncomfortable feeling that this could be the end of :saints: run. We’ve rested players but that can also lose us momentum. No Edozie or Sulemana - main attacking threats missing. :sheffieldwednesdayfc: to win. (c) @Shroppie
  • With these stats ( last 4 home matches: 4 Wins :white_check_mark: 15 Goals scored :soccer: 1 Goal Conceded :x: 78 Goal attempts :goal_net: 35 Shots on target :dart:), we all know what’s coming… :sheffieldwednesdayfc: to win (c) @Polski_Filip
  • I think we’ll have too much for them. 3-1 :saints: (c) @Numptyboi
  • score draw
  • bore draw

0 voters

Going to this one

They beat Cardiff 4-0 yesterday, but I have no idea of whether Cardiff rested players and SW didn’t. Cardiff also missed 2 penalties which makes the score flattering to SW.

2 Likes

Wednesday have come into a bit of form - it’s not just this game.

I have an uncomfortable feeling that this could be the end of our run. We’ve rested players but that can also lose us momentum. No Edozie or Sulemana - main attacking threats missing.

Sheffield Wednesday to win.

2 Likes

With these stats, we all know what’s coming…

https://twitter.com/JustSaints_/status/1743692724526580103?t=Wg0JMv-8NetetFfsJpfeYQ&s=19

15 Goals scored ⚽️ 1 Goal Conceded ❌ 78 Goal attempts 🥅 35 Shots on target 🎯

Hmmmmm - does that mean 43 shots off target?

Only 15 goals out of 78 attempts?

Yep more shooting practice at where the goal is meant to be is required.

Maybe the goals at Staplewood are north to South whereas the goals at St Mary’s are East to West or vice versa ands our players have no sense of direction.

4 Likes

I hope you’re wrong, this one could be huge in the context of the season with Ipswich playing Sunderland half an hour after our game.

According to the report I read their keeper had a blinder and Cardiff missed some easy chances…

4 goals from 6 shots on target, whereas Cardiff had 9 shots on target…

Hmmm…

4 of their 6 wins in their last 7 games…

I think we’ll have too much for them. 3-1 Saints.

Plus the Danny Rohl effect

I was looking at those stats…78 attempts is obviously not enough. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Poll added to the OP

https://twitter.com/DuncanHolley/status/1746102151753937014?t=cZbHBvsZkHuCzbIXTf-9gw&s=19

One could be a cynic and add they are being worn to mark the end of our unbeaten run

Intrepid trip to Southampton complete, no thanks to any of the apologies for train companies who did everything to fuck up my trip. Late train, no train, overfull train.

If the day carries on like this we’re in for a bad result.

1 Like

So, you’re blaming our training routines?

1 Like

Yep.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1746170235055464462?t=wkQNlJY1czuk42RFUp3FXg&s=19