:efl: Championship Playoffs 1st Leg - :westbromfc: West Bromwich Albion v Saints :saints:

:westbromfc: v :saints:

Meh

This won’t be easy.

Plus it’s us.

1 Like

Oh great

Saints supports travelling home after Southampton’s playoff semi-final on Sunday could be impacted by A34 road closures.

Resurfacing work is to be carried out on the A34 southbound between East Ilsley and Chieveley.

In order to complete the work safely the road will be closed between 9pm on Friday, May 10 and 6am on Monday, May 13.
Alternative routes are available via the M4 and A419.

During the closures, a signed diversion will be in place via A34, A40, M40, A404/A404M to rejoin the southbound A34.

The diversion route will add an additional 50 minutes to journeys and is suitable for all types of traffic from the A34

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24304406.southampton-fc-fans-hit-a34-closure-west-brom-match

Well, that’s OK then.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24311125.southampton-boss-martin-thanks-warnock-advice-followed/

More worrying is that Che has had to be “managed” this week after a knock at Leeds.
West Brom are a big team we really don’t want short arsed lightweights up front from the start. They need to be coming on later & running them ragged

1 Like

Mind games. Che will be fit to play. :+1:

My play Off nightmare continues - as i may have mentioned (bitched) before, for the home leg I have to go to a 60th party (three line whip so no wriggle room) and if we get to Wembly, I am in Verona

Now it transpires that I have to go to our Godsons 18th on Sunday pm …in Portsmouth.

FML

1 Like

I am HOPING to be starting my FOUR WEEK stay in hospital over Wembley weekend with (atm) no chance of enough mobile signal for any video

One ticket for Sunday going at face value. Can meet you outside ground, or iat rose bowl tomorrow.

He’s your Godson. You probably should have expected to attend his 18th birthday, tbh :unamused::joy::joy::joy: Or didn’t you think of that 18 years ago, when the vicar was dunking him in the font?

Given how much flak he will give me if we lose, it might have been better if the vicar had held him under

https://twitter.com/JustSaints_/status/1789337693232484780?t=NVoBcGl7BZ4QPI_rI3_MHg&s=19

4 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm

Time to face factspublished at 11:52

11:52

Norwich v Leeds (12:00 BST)

• Norwich have won just one of their past seven home games against Leeds in all competitions (D2 L4), losing each of the last three in a row. Their meeting at Carrow Road in the regular Championship season finished 3-2 to the Whites.
  • Leeds have won each of their past four games against Norwich in all competitions, with this their first meeting in the Football League play-offs.
  • This is just Norwich’s third appearance in the Football League play-offs, all in the second tier. They lost the 2002 final against Birmingham City on penalties, before beating Middlesbrough in 2015 to reach the Premier League.
  • Leeds have never won promotion via the Football League play-offs, with this their sixth appearance. They lost 4-3 on aggregate to Frank Lampard’s Derby County in the 2018-19 semi-final in their most recent.
  • Norwich have won both of their home legs in the Football League play-offs by a 3-1 scoreline (vs Wolves in 2001-02 and Ipswich Town in 2014-15).
  • Since the second tier rebrand to the Championship in 2004, the team finishing third has won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs almost 50% of the time (9/19). Leeds finished third this season.

Where the fuck are Channon Williams and Ball

1 Like

Watching at home like the rest of us.

1 Like

Ball might not be ?

Mara.
Oh.