:efl:⚽ Championship play off final 2022 :huddersfieldtownfc: v :nottinghamforestfc:

Forest deservedly take the lead just before half time. Interesting game, and I’d like to see Forest come up.

Brilliant strike by the Huddersfield defender for the Forest goal

4 Likes

Forest definitely worth the lead imho.

1 Like

Turning into a good game

Jordan Rhodes, now that is a name from the past, wasn’t he supposed to be one of our eternal targets?

That’s a penalty, Shirley?

I thought yes…then no. At the present I have modified my opinion to, it might have been or the cheating bastard got his just deserts.

1 Like

The second one looked more of a penalty. Really clumsy challenge.

1 Like

Jon Moss going out on a wave of ineptitude.

2 Likes

LOL moment when the commentator said “Moss wouldn’t like his final game to be about him” :rofl:

2 Likes

Samba having to be replaced.

Who is taking Moss’s place on the refs list. Will she be a born woman or one who got her gender elsewhere?

2 Likes

Probably his niece Kate.

2 Likes

Do Forest seem to be pressing the ball much higher since the change of goalie? :thinking:

Forest promoted to the Premier League :+1::+1::grin:

They’ll enjoy it tonight but…

1 Like

Can you paste the text?

Please!!

left Huddersfield rightly aggrieved

Keith Hackett 29 May 2022 • 9:05pm Keith Hackett

I shudder to think about Jon Moss managing Premier League referees next season

Huddersfield had two strong penalty shouts against Nottingham Forest at Wembley Credit: GETTY IMAGES

I do not think I am alone in expressing happiness that Sunday saw Jonathan Moss’s last game as a referee. It is not before time.

I now shudder at the thought that next season he will be managing his colleagues that operate in the Premier League.

Huddersfield Town will have every right to feel aggrieved that he failed to award a penalty on not one but two separate occasions.

Moss’ performance was frankly poor and highlights for me that in recent months we have witnessed some seemingly lazy officiating, with the man in the middle over-relying on the video assistant referee (Var) to throw him a lifebelt.

The first blunder involved the foul after 73 minutes by Nottingham Forest’s Jack Colback on Huddersfield Town’s Harry Toffolo, who turned to Moss expecting him to point to the penalty spot but to his horror he was shown a yellow card for what the referee considered to be an act of simulation.

Var Paul Tierney decided not to intervene, judging that Moss had not made a clear and obvious error. There was contact between Toffolo’s right leg and that of Colback and although the Huddersfield player made the most of the challenge, the incident should have been reviewed.

I suggest that had Moss pointed to the penalty spot, no one would have complained, and neither would Var have intervened.

There was worse to come 11 minutes later. Moss and Tierney jointly failed to ensure that an even clearer penalty shout was denied when Huddersfield’s Lewis O’Brien was brought down by a clumsy foul by Forest substitute Max Lowe.

Moss might well have had his vision impaired by players in front of him. But let’s face it, one of my regular criticisms of Moss has been his levels of fitness and lack of dynamic movement which fall far short of what is expected at the elite level.

So where was Tierney on this, was he in a rush to get home from Stockley Park? Did he see what I and millions of others saw? If there was an element of doubt on that first appeal, there was none with this second one, it was a very obvious penalty kick.