:efl: Championship :cardiffcityfc: Cardiff City v Southampton :saints: :

:efl: Championship :cardiffcityfc: v :saints:

• No Bazunu, no confidence in the replacement 'keeper’s passing ability, outcome is the ball is passed up field a lot quicker. :cardiffcityfc: can’t deal with this and the Bluebirds have their wings clipped. :saints; to win at a canter.
  • The winning run continues as we hammer the sheep shaggers from behind dry like they do to the poor little lambs :saints: to win (without lube) (c) @PhilippineSaint
  • Cardiff apparently have an extensive injury list, including their two top scorers and they have nothing much left to play for, :saints: will win (c) @Waylander
  • Bish bash bosh. :saints: canter to another big win (c) @Bucks
  • It’s the hope that kills you. :saints: to revert to type and lose a game they really should win. :cardiffcityfc: win
  • score draw
  • bore draw

0 voters

C’mon people, poll options please.

Does the Saints express carry on?
Will we be typical Saints and fall at the second to last hurdle?

The winning run continues as we hammer the sheep shaggers from behind dry like they do to the poor little lambs

They have nothing much left to play for, we will win

they are not looking forward to this and they are really not looking forward to Russell turning them over in their back yard

Bish bash bosh. Saints canter to another big win

The confidence being shown on here means that we will fuck it up. There is too much danger that saints fans might start to enjoy their football - this cannot be condoned or allowed

Not sure who will be in goal, according to Russell Bazuma’s injury is a nasty one and he will be out for the rest of the season. I found it a bit strange that he went for McCarthy last night, overlooking Joanna Lumley who was on the bench as reserve keeper.

It’ll be Carthief for the rest of the season IMHO. I would play both THB and Bedrock and tell them to stop fucking passing the ball back to the goalie all the time. It was noticeable last night that we did just that, moved the ball forward quicker and penetrated deeper and scored more. I’m taking note of that for my love life.

SCD

1 Like

She will be avenged.

The rule is. IF a player is named in the squad as a SUBSTITUTE then IF they replace an injured player it counts as one of the 5 substitutions.

Hence bringing on a player who was NOT named in the squad is what happened.

Go google FIFA rules - you’ll all find it eventually.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Do you know what the offside rule is as well? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m sure it’s in here somewhere…

It’ll be McCarthy for the rest of the season and then we need a new keeper in the Summer, as it’s just been announced Bazunu is out for 9-10 months😳

Cardiff apparently have an extensive injury list, including their two top scorers.

1 Like

Listening to Russell about his choice of Baz replacement midweek, it might not be automatically McCarthy, could be either of him or Lumley in the remaining games

From explanation above it made sense for McCarthy to start as he wasn’t originally named in the squad so came in as a replacement. Lumley was in the squad so would have counted as a sub and we’d have had no keeper on the bench.

Lucky McCarthy was around.

2 Likes

He was probably in the pub, his mobile went and RM told him to get straight down here and borrow a kit.

1 Like

Poll added to the OP