Can't wait for the clapper propaganda from the Death Star

I strongly object to being gubbed 4 at home to fkn leicester.

I still think Our Club is run the right way though. I don’t think randomly sticking an Allardyce or Pulis over a problem and giving them full control over all your recruitment and everything does you much good in the Long Run.

6 Likes

Never heard anyone complain about him being fat or talking funny. He is a racist bung merchant though. His points per game at Palace were lower than Pardew, so also shit.

I know nothing of the racist stuff and the bung stuff is down to an inflated ego and boasting through ignorance as far as Im concerned.

This sounds very much like you are making excuses for him. Thought you hated that?

With regard to bilionaries I dont trust them just like I dont trust coke dealers. They operate in the same way. What I object to is the reverential praise they get from supporters who they are ripping off.

Don’t remember anyone on here praising them. Enlighten me*

With regard to Les, heis just a captain Mannering who got lucky. There are plenty of people in the football industry who could do his job. Its not brain surgery for fuck sake. It just takes a knowledge of the industry and a netwrok of contacts very similar to most jobs in the building industry.

How do you work that out? Compare to how the club have done since he arrived.

What I find tedious is people who find excuses for all those basterds. People who through some form of mistaken faith dont want to ask for more and take the caretakers of the club to task . Doft their cap and go home.

Again, some examples of people making excuses please.

Things are never given you always have to take them.

Meaningless sentence.

The club is a disgrace.

A bit of a leap, but i’m willing to listen.

The talk of minimum wages for example as far as I have heard that still hasnt been sorted.

This is a disgrace. Any other reasons?

*unless it’s something i said :lou_smiley:

4 Likes

You’ll hear no defence of the team from me.

Last night was utter bollocks. An embarrassment. I left at half-time and I don’t give a fuck if I’m judged for that.

3 Likes

No judgement from me Papster, we all know you only go on the off chance of a free medium pepperoni :lou_wink_2:

You don’t hear from Bazza and NewYorkSaint for weeks and then, along comes a shocking result and, hey hey!, there they are with their tedious moaning. I reckon they’re weird masochists who get off in wallowing in defeat and complaining about how the club is run.

2 Likes

You sound like a teacher, My reply to your observations are:

1. Bolloxs (no humor)

2. True

3. Double Bollox

4. Bollox

5 Double Bollox

1. Partially true

2. Small Bollox

3. Bollox

Well actually was it?

Ah, found the article I was looking for

SOUTHAMPTON FC has denied claims that it offered to pay under the minimum wage in a job advert.

The club has insisted that claims that it offered to pay below the minimum wage for the position working in the ticket office were wrong.

The claims come after the club broke its transfer record to sign Sofiane Boufal for £16million and gave contracts worth thousands of pounds a week to Ryan Bertrand, Fraser Forster, Virgil van Dijk and Cedric.

A complaint had been made to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by independent Southampton City councillor for Redbridge Andrew Pope.

Cllr Pope’s complaint relates to an advert on the club’s own website in July this year for a job in the ticket office who quoted a rate of £6.50 per hour or the minimum wage.

Mr Pope complaint was that it implied that lower than the minimum wage, which is currently £7.20, would be paid.

However, Saints have said the people hired for the role actually get paid more than the minimum wage.

The club said the wording was a commonly adopted policy to reflect how the minimum wage varies depending on your age.

In a statement the club said: "The job role referred to was a casual ticket office assistant role, clearly advertised at ‘£6.50 or above depending on national minimum wage’ - a common practice adopted by thousands of businesses to reflect the varying minimum wage rates which are dependent on the age of the employee.

"The two 18 year olds employed by the club as a result of this job advert are in fact being paid £6.70 per hour - well above the minimum wage for 18-20 year olds of £5.30.

It then goes on to say about the minimum living wage which is something else entirely…

1 Like

Oh I am judging you, I am judging you indeed.

Not going to tell you what the verdict is though, you can keep guessing on that.

7 Likes

I still struggle with this whole club is a disgrace malarky every time we dont win a football match. This site isnt so bad although Barry insists on bringing the whole Fiverweb doom and gloom ethic here, as does our friend in New York. Yes last night was a horror show and this season has been hit and miss, but when you consider how low this club sunk and how it has reinvented itself over the last 8 years I dont see how anyone can complain that the club has no ambition. The trouble is, no matter how driven you are, there will come a point where you can’t keep climbing. You then consolidate which means that you either stay the same or you fall back a bit. We are clearly falling back at the moment, partly due to poor performances and partly due to improvements by other clubs. We have no given right to improve more than other clubs around us. Who expected Burnley to do as well as they have so far? Every club wants to do as best as it can. Given the amount of upheaval this club has been through over the last few years 4 consecutive top ten finishes has been an amazing achievement. Perhaps my expectations arent as high as some, but I have never felt that a top ten finish is a given. Unlike Barry, I dont think that club and the team are shit. The current squad clearly have a mental fragility though and that is something that the people who run the club will need to tackle. One thing is for sure though, the problems won’t be solved by spitting dummies out.

I’m ok with moaning along lines of “I’m Not Happy With Them Results”. Any bit where ppl try and make out they know what’s gone wrong and whose fault it is though, is just Football Fans Chatting Shite.

14 Likes

If we’re not allowed to do this then we might as well just cancel football all together :lou_sad:

9 Likes

You’re allowed to! I’m pleased to hear your opinions. I’m only saying that all your* opinions are groundless, facile, and worthless, and every time you* offer an opinion you* Embarrass yourself*, me, and everyone else.

* I don’t mean you particular gaystar. I didn’t know you had Opinions. I meant like the Royal “Your”.

8 Likes

Thanks Bearsy, that makes me* feel alot better about myself**.

*I’m talking about the collective me here, and the collective myself here**, I’m sure there’s better words I*** could have used here that mean those things without having to expalin myself****

***see * above and for **** see ** above respectively.

7 Likes

It is possible to talk about a match without slagging the whole club off and wanting everyone sacked. It seems to be the default position nowdays. Sack the manager. Sack the Board. Slag off the owner. It would appear that the problem last night is that the majority of the team played well below their capabilities. That is not the fault of Pellegrino, Reed or Gao. It is the fault of the players. Whatever you think of them, they are all very capable of playing better.

3 Likes

I think it rather ironic that Bazza should use the word “propaganda” in this thread title as Baz has always posted his own propaganda in every thread he’s ever started on this site. He has absolutely no interest in what you think…it’s simple a platform for his own singular opinions.

His opinions are never swayed from the first post to last, whether the thread runs to 2 or 200 pages making any interaction with him, pointless.

4 Likes

Not really said a whole lot, but feel free to keep talking

1. B ut it is true, like it or not(he appears humourless to me as well)

2. O nly thing we agree on.

3. L ink to evidence(twice if you like).

4. L ack of any evidence again.

5. O ne example, just one(or as you prefer, two). Can’t be that hard?

6. C lose to agreeing again. Good.

7. K eep repeating the same thing(in a tiny voice).

8. S kimping on wages turned out to be, what’s the word again?

You’ll notice our spelling and counting are different as well. Still we agreed on one thing, so there’s a positive.

5 Likes

Sack the players!

(You could argue that MoPe’s unusual habit of dropping players who play well could lead to a demovitating effect throughout the squad, but that sort of thing would be more Barry’s domain of expertise than mine…)

1 Like

Here’s a heart warming story for @newyorksaint and @barry-sanchez

1 Like

As I was leaving, steward matey was about to tell me I’d be unable to get back in.

I pre-empted the chat with “don’t worry, I’m not watching that shit”.

1 Like

You should be fucking ashamed mush.