:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Welcome back

Since you’ve been gone we’ve been one light on the Sotonians dream team of argumentative/ antagonistic/ contrary bastards

Balance had been restored- hopefully

:lou_wink:

2 Likes

Oh good grief, this tedious prat is back is he?
Only joking. Welcome back MOT.

This is not the balance I seek. I would hope that we can get back to discussing issues like we did before the Leave referendum.

Obviously, this particular thread is going to be contentious, and I can live with that. I’d just prefer to contend the issues than what other posters might be like.

And @Map-Of-Tasmania defo needs to get out for a beer sometime. Welcome back, sir.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure some threads were just as bad before the Leave vote error :lou_wink:

I can’t be arsed to check tbh.

Gentleman I am humbled… I never really went away… always lurking like a nosy pervy neighbour twitching the curtains whilst rearranging the ‘furniture’ - I was hoping for a quiet return… without fuss and fanfare as I am a shy and humble sort… as I had requested for my departure which Bletch then proceeded to fuck up doing the opposite (I had requested to have the account closed as to have a proper break, requiring avoiding temptation to ‘jump in’ when buttons pressed etc… not having sufficient will power to simply ‘not post’ - it took me 22 years to give up smoking and this place can be like 15 years in a crack den, a ‘wretched hive of scum and villainy’ where I have had to repeatedly bend over and take a diseased pustulant cock up the ring piece of life to afford my fix… as I say, was tough to leave.

Anyway, good to see the Brexit thread still going… its like a particular stubborn genital wart… it just wont go away no matter how much you might want it to… and deep down, there is a perverse pleasure in knowing that it was acquired through a mass of hedonistic over indulgence.

Bring it on :star_struck:

8 Likes

Nah, man. Brexit was hugely divisive. I realised that June 24th, arguing with people I’d never generally argued with before, over 4G, while I was supposed to be enjoying Glastonbury.

3 Likes

The divisiveness is sadly common with referenda, was the same in Scotland over Independence which even came to physical blows. Its why I find them such a crude form of democracy. The Swiss require a 65% or two thirds majority I think to bring about the change, precisely because of the division it can cause… there is a bit of a paradox about this though… that we often complain that there is too much apathy towards politics and not enough real passion, yet also complain when we finally witness some as a result of these more divisive issues… The best way I can describe how I (and perhaps many remainers feel) is that I am not lamenting the loss of the EU… I am lamenting the loss of what the EU should have been and could have become had we been more active within it. Its not this thing thing that is the concept that is wrong, but as with all political institutions, the failings of those that are accountable for it…

3 Likes

This will get your pulse racing pap. German satirists view of Brexit. Very very funny. W#ho said they had no sense of humour.

5 Likes

Why the fuck couldn’t you have said that 12months ago and we could have closed the thread?

:lou_wink:

1 Like

What and missed all the fun? :star_struck:

Did we really import 3000 sperm donations from Denmark?

Absolutely brilliant - thought It summed the UK and Brexit perfectly.

:lou_lol:

I shall be sharing the link widely

1 Like

Yes it really is laugh out loud funny. I have never seen any German TV, but this just shows,(again) how we have been conditioned to believe that Germans are dour and have no sense of humour, when this shows that the opposite is clearly the case. “Too lazy to do their own wanking”. Hahaha.

2 Likes

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in Germany over the years and know that it is our Little Englander mentality that drives the stereotypes of the typical German.- it’s almost as if we stopped developing as a nation after WW2 - because that’s where all the continuing xenophobic jokes about the Germans, French, Italians etc originate.

Can you call a nation intellectually retarded?

3 Likes
1 Like

Not sure if this was posted before , but think is funny whatever way you voted…

See! I told you they had a sense of humour.:smile:

So fine they aren’t prepared to be part of it…

Thanks for the link.

First paragraph.

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) said on Monday it would move assets from London to Frankfurt after Britain’s planned exit from the European Union next year, in line with demands from British and EU regulators.

Given that you’ve clear difficulties with reading and/or comprehension, would you like me to read it aloud and send you the recording? :smiley: