:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Haven’t we already determined that the poor are already getting better wages?

Barnier - Chequers is dead.

Not as far as i know. There have been fluctuations both ways and when you take in the drop in sterlings value, even the miniscule gains of the lucky few have been wiped out.
We’re still rushing headlong to a neolib wet dream and that doesn’t include looking after the poor(quite the opposite actually).
Thought you used to be against that kind of thing.

There have been Guardian articles on this thread which confirm employers are facing a staff shortage. and are having to raise salaries to attract people.

Not at my company we’re not.

What specific sectors are having these issues?

They are raising newbies salaries, not yours. It’s like the new customer bonus you get with your insurance. You need to leave and come back.

Nah we took on 10 new staff on Monday and I can guarantee you that their salaries are broadly in line with similar staff.

Or so you think #goldenhello

Ffs the emoji feature on discourse sucks balls. There’s supposed to be a winky cock on that last post

1 Like

By enough to see a real usable rise and for enough of the poor to be relevant(say 52%). If not, come back then.
Still gung-ho for your neolib wet dream?
I assume you understand what’s planned and so avoiding answering.

Well considering I signed of on the contracts and salaries, nope.

1 Like

Joking aside, if you can onboard 10 at the same time, you probable haven’t got to the point of a squeeze in labour supply. We are beginning to find it hard to get quality candidates and salaries might have to start to creep a bit. Otherwise we can take on a fuck ton of useless tossers and make the lives of the likes of @krg a misery. :lou_wink:

4 Likes

I knew you pricks were doing it to piss me off!

Labour isn’t squeezed tbf

I’ve posted before that we try not to rely on recruitment guys & I can tell you that when we do we are definitely squeezing commissions payable to them, particularly those who blitz with unsuitable CVs / don’t proactively work with us to source suitable candidates. No agencies on retainers anymore. Rewriting engagement terms accordingly. Sorry :neutral_face:

Don’t be sorry, give them the shaft. You won’t get too many opportunities.

1 Like

I think there was a recent NAO report which said that wage growth had slowed down. it seems as though the rise was a short term S&D spike after the announcement that fewer migrant workers were coming in / more migrant workers were going home, but i’m only going from recollection.

Is that a supply or a demand issue though? I would say possibly demand.

Think the articles I posted are less than a month old.

Apart from staying in, what deal would meet Labour’s six tests.

The one that means that Jews don’t benefit in any way?