:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

Considering the Czech Republic only has land borders with other EU countries they wouldn’t need to do anything. Only those bordering countries outside the EU (soon to be Ireland, France, etc) will need to check for pesky Brit illegal immigrants. The rest will just do it at the airport like they do with every other non-EU national.

2 Likes

I suspect we will have some reciprocal agreement with the EU like Switzerland so we dont have to queue with the Yanks…

Don’t have the details yet but thought this incendiary enough to post here.

Perhaps some of you funsters with forward thinking employers (@BTripz) or deeper pockets than me can summarise the details.

The summaries I’m seeing don’t look good for Corbyn or Labour.

… What really fucks me off most… (amongst so much about Brexit) is why could our Government not have simply said to EU… ''Our people have voted to leave, but on the basis that we as yet do not know the implications this will have. We all want the best for both UK and EU, so lets negotiate under those terms and let the people decide if they want to continue with Brexit based on the best deal we can agree on… I suspect more folks would have been happy with this, BUT this would not satisfy the hard brexit cunts… who naturally are the ones who shout loudest about the ‘will of the people’ - I think we all now know that when a politician shouts ‘its the will of the people’ they mean, this is best for my personal ambitions…

1 Like

It’s only a matter of time before they start forecasting another landslide for Theresa. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Here you go.

The Conservatives have extended a four point lead over Labour according to the latest YouGov poll for The Times, suggesting that the row over antisemitism has damaged Jeremy Corbyn.

The poll found that 39 per cent of people said they would vote Tory, up one point compared with last week when both parties were level. Labour dropped three points to 35 per cent. The Liberal Democrats are unchanged on 10 per cent. Ukip rise by one point to 7 per cent.

Theresa May has a 14 point lead over Mr Corbyn, up seven points on last week, on the question of who would make the best prime minister.

Some 36 per cent say they would chose Mrs May as premier, up 4 points, while 22 per cent chose Mr Corbyn, down 3 points. Both trailed the 39 per cent who said they did not know.

This is Mr Corbyn’s lowest rating in polling over who would make the best prime minister and Labour’s lowest overall score in voting intention since last year’s general election.

On the EU referendum result, 42 per cent think that Britain was right to vote leave and 45 per cent say that leaving is the wrong thing to do.

YouGov interviewed 1,675 adults in Britain on August 8 and 9.

I’d be more interested in this though.

So who exactly is controlling our national Discourse?
I have mentioned the Act. IL app before and the idiots fall for, Russia is trying to manipulate us😂

1 Like

The israel campaign thing is sadly a sign of these shitty times… 10-20 years ago, any suggestion of ‘interference’ such as this would have seen public outrage and condemnation… the use of social media to run these covert campaigns has meant folks are now just accepting of these things… perhaps born out by the old reluctance to admit that they were hoodwinked into believing the shit. Social ‘media’ may have allowed folks to communicate quicker and more broadly, but its also allowed much better access to the gullible from those peddling shit with more sinister aims…

Hang on a sec…

The EU categorically said to us, we are negotiating fuck all until you invoke Article 50. I am sure that had the EU been lees intransigent on this point, that we would be much further forward.

This is the worst of it. We have possibly one of the worst Tory leaderships in living memory and they are still preferable to Labour’s.

Whilst the antisemitism row will have an impact - it isn’t 14 points worth.

The key problem with our current government is that they can get away with blue murder and that is with a minority government - imagine if that had landed a 50 seat majority.

It’s all down to the propaganda, as was proved at the last election.
Unfortunately the electorate are gullible idiots on the whole, so 3 months of continuous headlines works as it always has done before. The fact that it’s an easily disprovable lie doesn’t matter when the bulk of people don’t look past the manipulative headline.
Sad state of affairs really :frowning:

2 Likes

I will; grant that some of it will be down to media coverage, however, the thought of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbot holding the three most powerful offices of state quite frankly scares the shite out of a big proportion of the electorate. Imagine the points difference if the Tories actually had someone decent at the helm.

Anyway this is morphing into the Labour thread, so I will save it for there

True… but that is partly the point, how those leading/pressing for the referendum were more than happy with starting out within a ‘hostile’ setting… it is helping them blame the EU for the shit outcome. Where was the grown up discussions an advanced planning? Cameron the Cunt, never expected this despite the warning signs from the US on unexpected populist results, so never prepared the ground. As a result we are fucked every which way and it played into the hands of the self-serving twats -Gove, RM and Boris

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree. We tried the nicely nicely approach when Cameron tried to negotiate a change in our relationship and was roundly told to do one. We then had the referendum. We made approaches to the Eu to start laying the groundwork for the deal, but were, again, told to do one until we had signed Article 50.

The problem with the EU is that they are so ideologically entrenched in their “project” that they absolutely refuse to accept that someone might have other ideas.

They pied off Cameron because they thought that the referendum would fall in their favour

They gave the govt the flick prior to Art 50 because they wanted to see if we had the bottle to invoke it

And now they are running down the clock to see if we change our mind

The only way to get them to compromise is to back them into a corner and stick a gun in their mouth. It is amazing just how many last gasp deals have been struck with the EU.

2 Likes

Uhm… as mentioned above, our ‘reception’ is probably explained by the fact we kept going back for more concessions often simply to please the eurosceptics in the Tory Party as opposed to looking to improve the ‘lot of the people’… stating way back with negotiated rebates… we have always looked to suggest the EU does not want to play nice with us, yet is this really surprising when we have firstly taken back a large number of our toys and then go back to take more back… without ever having really been fully committed to playing with all the kids… like the sad kid sat alone because he wont share… We have always only wanted the free market access without being willing to pay the full price for it… the word ‘Union’ being something we have never committed to and are frightened of.

Nope, CB Saint has most of the right of it. The EU wouldn’t negotiate anything until Article 50 was invoked, then knew we were on a timer and have acted unreasonably ever since.

With the benefit of hindsight, we’d have been better off just abandoning the Lisbon Treaty.

Sorry, that’s not strictly true.
People from both sides have said that it could have all been (informally)agreed before invoking article 50.
I posted an article about it at the time

“I cannot go an inch beyond the ‘no negotiations without notification’ principle,” said Margaritis Schinas, the chief spokesman for the commission’s president, Jean-Claude Juncker.

1 Like

What makes you say this? Do you think it would have sped up proceedings or given us a stronger negotiating platform?

Haha! Fucking remoaners at it again

2 Likes