:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

They’re my people too - Aged relative was born a local and I drank a pint of Guinness once.

My kids are well chuffed they can remain EU Citizens. Mrs C_S can’t, do we’re planning to leave her in post-Brexit UK if necessary :grinning:

2 Likes

But how many times have you kissed the Blarney Stone*?

* as anyone would attest that has met Bletch IRL, he’s full of shit. The sort of shit you’re only full of when you’ve kissed the Blarney Stone twice.

1 Like

Funnily enough I did too - with tongues - on my Honeymoon.

Thought we’d tour the isle of my forefathers- With hindsight a couple of weeks in the Med would have been much better

1 Like

What’s my daughters chances(great grandmother)?
Might as well bail out what you can.

I’d check with the Irish embassy - I am automatically a citizen because of my Dad who just happened to be born there (when it was still Britain btw). The kids only had to prove that I was their father and their grandad was my father. Need to provide original birth and marriage certificates. Oh, and a wheelbarrow load of cash.

The kids have never been there. Go figure.

Sounds confusing, so forget it.
Think i’m in if i want(pure blood gran must count?).
But don’t really give a shit*, rather pass the option on to someone young enough to take the advantages while they are still there.

• @pap regroup and rebuild is ok with me, as long as we all understand who will pay the final and full bill.
    But the complete denial of possible futures is worrying.
    You’re still fighting a now historic battle.
    Let it go, or admit you have nothing more than the fight. No solutions?

Yeah, think you’d probably be in, maybe, don’t quote me. Would be better for Younger-SOS to do it off the back of her Da’

1 Like

This is the sort of shit that I imagine is going on all over Westminster in the scramble to make cash out of the Brexit-fact-vacuum.

It’s ugly.

Institute of Economic Affairs

2 Likes

If this is for real then it needs to be widely reported in the MSM and loads of heads to roll. It seems to be making a complete farce of Brexit for the “people”. Just an opinion. I know jack-shit (where is he btw?)

Even if true the I’m fairly confident nothing will happen- I’d like to be proved wrong.

Been following that story on Twitter for a couple of days - they’ve got other footage of Mark Littlewood suggesting that they, the IEA wrote Gove’s (I think) position on post-Brexit trade.

I’ll dig it out.

People/ institutions to follow

https://twitter.com/PeterKGeoghegan

https://twitter.com/openDemocracy

https://twitter.com/AdamRamsay

Couldn’t find the tweet I saw this and it’s the the same video.

At about 1:30 Littlewood claims that his man Shanker Singham is writing Gove and Johnson’s script on getting out of the custom union - goes on to seemingly claim that a letter written to the Prime Minister (presumably by Gove or Johnson) came from them.

Tsing dobre.
Nostrovia.
Vodka

More than you thats f’sure having spent 11 years with a company that has a factory in Galway.
Only thing Ed Sheeran ever got right…
Galway girls

I think the real shame here is the number of less fortunate in our society who have been duped into becoming poorer because they (wrongly) believe their issues is down to immigration - without realising that we allow more in from outside the EU than we do from within.

It was a vote for the poor to get poorer, and that made voting leave an unpalatable prospect for most.

7 Likes

Trade unions seem to agree with you.

“Tory Brexit is an ideological project that will attack the rights of workers, deregulate the economy and blame immigrants for the failure of the elite. Boris and Bannon want to create a fascistic alliance with Trump. There is nothing in this for working people. That’s why the trade union movement is increasingly moving towards supporting a popular vote on the deal.”

Corbyn’s Brexit policy likely to be challenged at Labour conference

3 Likes

:musical_note: Oh Dannyboy the spuds, the spuds are ca…alllling. :musical_note:

1 Like

@Polski_Filip in “I’ve kissed the Blarney Stone shock”

You’d never have guessed, Phil?

x

1 Like

Hic.

2 Likes

The real shame is that most of this type of content will look even sillier in a year than it does now.

I know we live in an age in which you don’t actually need to substantiate your points

Please explain how Brexit will make the poor poorer. There’s a lad.

Well, when the economy suffers post Brexit (as it is starting to already), it will have a large effect on the labour market as companies struggle and jobs are lost, thus leading to wage compression and fewer jobs.

We’ve already seen cost of living increases and unprecedented levels of borrowing in part due to Brexit, a plunging currency and more expensive imports.

Pretty simple economics, even for you Papster.

1 Like