:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

We will not give up Barry Sanchez

He’s one of our own…you know the rest of the chant.

1 Like

Indeed I do.

He’s one of our own

He sits on a throne.

Of red meat and nonsense.

Don’t throw him a bone.

He’s desperately trying to lure you into an argument so he can tell you how wrong you are. Don’t rise to the bait, Bletch

Come now, @bathsaint . bletch and I have been legit mates for a couple of real life years now. We’ve had plenty of drinking sessions, had plenty of chats about Brexit. He knows what wavelength I’m on.

Besides, saintbletch has the rather unique ability to put together a decent case without acting like a royal twat, even if the other side is acting like one.

I’m not just saying this to be dismissive, but the arguments advanced by the Remain camp have not been particularly strong, inspiring or in recent times, relevant to anything that the Sotonians Brexit camp had complained about.

Perhaps it is time for @saintbletch to step in and argue the case.

1 Like

Thought I’d just pull the pin and lob this one in here…

:lou_sunglasses:

He would say that, wouldn’t he?

Shush Big Guy, we know …

He’s not white!

He certainly isn’t. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that he’s miscegenated.

3 Likes

Upvote for the Coens :laughing:

Whatever the truth, and I have no idea, Boris Johnson’s ‘tweet’ is typical of the cunt. He is becomming more like that other cunt Trump everyday not that he was ever a statesman… modern politics: where the smug electorate congratulate themselves on having ousted the ‘establishment’, ignoring that its let complete and much more dnagerous fuckwits fill the void

I like 'em underarm on a Sunday morning, especially when someone has robbed an hour and thrown it into October.

The story here is about Vote Leave using other mechanisms to spend more than its allowed total, 7m. The meat of the story seems to be that other groups promoting the leave cause could spend up to 700k each, and that Vote Leave were sending those groups their spare cash that they could not officially spend. Just one group is mentioned in the article.

Let’s assume for the sake of argument that it’s worse. Maybe Vote Leave funded five of these groups for 3.5m collectively. Or ten at 7m overspend. I doubt they did, but if they did, they’d still be 2m short of the spending on the pro-Remain leaflet, paid for the taxpayer, and sent out by the government to every household in the country.

That’s before you factor in the costs of bringing Obama over and getting him to say “back of the queue”, the cost of Parliamentary debates in 2015, where the Tories wanted to abolish purdah altogether, but were defeated after their Brexit leaning MPs caught wind of what Cameron was trying and rebelled.

The Remain side has had plenty of its own mechanisms to overspend, not least the taxpayer. The problem with highlighting Leave overspend is that Remain spent much more, and it didn’t come from Aaron Banks’ pockets. It came from ours.

2 Likes

You should report them @pap

I think I just have.

It is details like this that somehow get lost when Remain are trying to use overspend as a mechanism to overturn the referendum. You might also consider that the Tories have been caught overspending. We didn’t rerun any of those elections or reverse austerity.

Getting this into perspective, Vote Leave’s total allowance was 7m. That pro-Remain taxpayer funded leaflet was 9m, and didn’t even count toward the Remain budget.

Weird that the BBC doesn’t bother to mention stuff like that, init.

2 Likes

The French company making our new super blue passports have released a sample

5 Likes

No automatic alt text available.

AggregateIQ: the obscure Canadian tech firm and the Brexit data riddle.

2 Likes

I see Barry Gardiner has termed Keir Starmer’s “exact same benefits” Brexit as “bollocks”.

Good. It is.

And in the same breath, critiques Labour’s muddled position.

Because of course, the Conservatives are marching in lockstep to the same beat.

Read between the lines. There has been persistent talk of a new party, which Blair was planning on launching back in 2017 after Corbyn got eviscerated. Whoops.

We’ve got a long running thread documenting division in the Labour Party. What does your observation add to the understanding developed there?