:brexit: Brexit - The Ramifications

You know, I thought this as well, until I discovered that the French have decided not to let the tender on the open market and, if we wished, we could do the same.

Quite right too. Donald would never let this happen!

From

Angry of Tunbridge Wells

1 Like

Thing is, having a burgundy passport is not an EU dictat, we could have chosen whatever colour of passport we wanted.

It was the government of the time who decided to go with the European flow for the sake of whatever…

Is Bathsaint pregnant?

1 Like

Image may contain: 1 person, meme and text

I think she’ll be a bit of a tough old bird, she’s already hard to swallow at the moment.

3 Likes

Perhaps there is something wrong with me, but I dont give a stuff what colour my passport is. If I had a choice though I would go for orange or yellow so I could find the damn thing easier!

And you take those newspapers seriously, I gather?

You’ve helped a great deal. I am glad you were happy in the prosecution of your duties.

They’re the natural home of the Brexiters, Pap, as you well know. But I haven’t done a national survey, if that’s what you’re driving at.

For lols, I took a look at the Daily Mail comments section on the topic of the passport contract. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Ah, bless, you keep telling yourself that mateyboy.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to smile wryly as I hear outraged voices on the radio and my facebook feed about how the Brexiters have been sold down the river. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

To be fair, the circulation figures bear no relation whatsoever to the amount of people reading them. Just about everybody i know hasn’t bought a daily paper for years. The overwhelming majority of their readers are doing it online. I must confess to spending ten minutes occasionally on The Mail site over the past month or two, the comments section to any of the Brexit or Russian news reports are an education. Today’s story about the passports being made in France at the last count had 5,500 comments, some of them reasonably restrained from Jingoism, but the overwhelming majority in full flow. Bloody hilarious. Some moron is even trying to organize a campaign to boycott the new blue passport! He got lots of upticks. Of course the issue of the blue passports doesn’t induce apoplectic rage in all brexiters, but it does to an awful lot of them. After it was announced, with a great fanfare, that we were reclaiming our blue passports, The Mail and co’s reader’s chests were bursting with pride. A new identity, taking back control, and the rest of the nationalistic bollocks. Now they have to suck up the fact that their new blue passport will have ‘Made In The EU’ tucked away on the back cover. Of course they are royally pissed off, not to say humiliated. Made my day!

Of course the Mail, Sun, Express etc are the natural home of the Brexiters, especially the more rabid ones, (of whom there are many). To suggest otherwise is silly.

6 Likes

I reckon we should go for something different. Bright pink. Or a nice purple. Maybe they technology to be some psychedelic swirl or something. I saw a Pakistani passport the other day. Lovely green.

1 Like

Perhaps they should be brown, in a nod to what the average Brexiter has for brains. :smile:

‘Runs for cover’!

1 Like

I am remainer but I won’t be travelling abroad on a French produced passport, I’ll tell you that for free. How fucking dare the British government fight for more control and then hand our future over to the French. I’d rather holiday in Croydon than use a dirty garlic tainted passport.

6 Likes

Random downvote evening, eh?

Jolly good stuff. I’ll play.

Especially against people that ostensibly know the inner feelings and thoughts of 17.4m people. You must be telepathic aliens or summat. I enjoy a challenge.

Have that downvote, Chief Bellend!

Oh… and Bonjour to you and your kind.

Nice to have one’s authority recognised.

In the meantime, please all continue to delight me by painting the comments section of the Sun, the Mail and the Express as indicative of broad public opinion.

I enjoy seeing people scraping the bottom of the barrel. @furball was doing similar before he finally went mad.

The key issue here is De La Rue was £120m more expensive on a £500m contract. That is significant. The irony is De LA Rue make passports for 40 other countries. You would have thought they would have economies of scale. Is this a case of De La Rue taking it for granted that they were going to win the contract come what may and now the CEO is crying foul to cover up his complacency.

1 Like

Passports aren’t a key issue. I think the whole thing has been newspapers making a huge deal over the colour of their fucking passports.

I never had a problem with the colour of my passport. I grew to have more of an issue with European Union taking the headline billing.

If the inexplicably smug twats that rely on strawman passport arguments, amplified by newspapers to sell either of their arguments, had a _single positive cohesive _case for their own position, we’d not be having this discussion.

I appreciate that the CEO in this particular case is taking the piss, but he thinks he can win back this contract by appealing to the manufactured passport bollocks, that seems to be shit too delicious not to swallow for extremists on both sides of the argument.