Bladerunner 2049

I would like it known that the use of CGI was more of a subtle enhancement that I felt the original had lacked. The development of CGI over those eighteen hours was considerable and I felt that the changes brought more of the book to life.

I can understand why anyone would question the idea off a remake and in truth I’m the same. It was more of a board decision taken by my cunt of a phone.

Rumours of a third Director’s cut version are true but at the moment I’m working on other projects, so anything like that will have to remain on the back burner for now.

In all honesty I’m just glad the second version has been recieved so well.

One Cell

3 Likes

Ooh I do like the idea of resurrecting Firefly or Serenity :cool:

Please

Lots of rumours that Karl Urban’s Dredd may come back as a TV show rather than a movie

Hmm could also make a case for a sequel to Lucy

Sorry side tracked by clicking a link to the Japanese slaggng off Hollywood for stealing their stories and the horrid remake of Ghost in the Shell

Tickets booked for tomorrow

Already collected tickets + purchased suitably loud and annoying snacks, but saving my voice so I can loudly commentate for everyone and smugly point out subtle references to the original.

Looking forward to it…

Typically American … :laughing:

I’m not going armed!

1 Like

2nd amendment dude

It more than matched my expectations. Visually just incredible, if Roger Deakins again misses out on an Oscar then it’s a farce. First hour is kind of scene setting but absorbing, the story really kicks in the last hour. Jared Leto’s acting was a little OTT, just my opinion. Harrison Ford has a smaller role than I expected, he’s really, unexpectably good. I always thought of him as a kind of one note cynical action type. He nails this role and considering he’s in his 70’s it’s kudos to the director.

It was always a brave move to make a sequel to Blade Runner and i’m not sure any director other than Villeneuve could have done it.

3 Likes

There are some beautifully-lit scenes, and the audio is enormous.

Without wanting to ruin it for people, I thought the tap-dancing scene with the zebra didn’t add much to the plot.

Spoilers! jeez

My fucking glob, it absolutely blew my cock off!

It’s an absolute feast. I wish I was still in the cinema feasting.

1 Like

You have not heard that old Hollywood adage then? When in doubt, add a tap dancing scene with a zebra.

loved it :lou_smiley:

I thought the adage was that everything can be improved if you “put a Shrek in it”.

2 Likes

Saw this over the past couple of days and immediately regretted not going to see it in the cinema. It’s a long movie, but barely feels it. Gosling is superb in the role of K, Joi is one hell of an upgrade from Pris. Most of all though, it’s just a cauldron of ideas, a widening of the world we saw in 1982, and some big themes hammered subtly but loudly.

Loved that they didn’t try to retcon anything. Tyrell Corp will be chucking out those replicants as we speak in 2049’s timeline.

1 Like

I saw this at the Showcase and yes, thought it was excellent. Stands up very well to the original (which we re-watched before going). Those lush Showcase seats helped my bot bot too. Long film.

1 Like

Meh, good cinematics, poor on storyline, ending was gash.

This in-depth review brought to you courtesy of @btripz