BHS administration

There’s a case for doing this when what you’re losing is irreplaceable. I’d certainly argue that an independent steel industry is vital for national security.

BHS though? No-one stepped in to save Woollys. Huge shame for everyone losing their jobs. Better off investing in re-training those people to successfully get work elsewhere, not propping up a failing high store chain.

2 Likes

They have labels at the back. Was she not a big knicker wearer?

Hard to see the label when they’re stuffed in her mouth…

2 Likes

These cunts only seem to want to step in to save banks that have failed by criminally ripping off the public with their underhanded derivative gambling schemes. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

The way that this business is being wrapped up is nothing short of disgraceful, and ought to be held up as an example of everything that is wrong with our system.

The pension fund is short by 571m, apparently. Yet Sir Philip Green has paid more than that, tax-free, to his Monaco resident wife. He sold BHS for a quid last year, thus avoiding any long term liability.

If those workers get their pensions (and they should), it’ll likely be borne by the British fucking taxpayer. And this cunt has a knighthood.

All legal. Just like the PM’s tax affairs.

4 Likes

And he was the coalition’s business advisor?

His daughter had some god awful shoe line too. Handy when daddy owns shops isn’t it.

1 Like

Might be awful in your opinion, but profitable.

That’s a great business motto - awful but profitable.

I must translate it into Latin and get it on the family crest…

5 Likes

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious but you’ve never been beyond a 99p shop in your life, and even then you’ve tried to wangle staff-discounts, so you’ve never given anyone the Price-Pikey $ (unless of course you’re taking exchange rates into it!!)

chk facts i am Quite Fastidiuous + Snob when it comes to Shopping. I never shop Discount. If I am short of money I still go to Best Shops, but I make my hard earned dollar stretch, by performing some Light Shoplifting.

2 Likes

Probably not worth being too hard on Cherts, or any Conservative supporter for that matter. They’re not trolling deliberately.

Due to the policy decisions of the party they support for the last six years, and everything coming home to fucking roost in the past two months, it’s literally the only line of argument they have left.

What argument is this Pap? That it’s profitable? Generally a good thing, although I know you left wingers do tend to love a good bit of waste and inefficiency so probably see it as a bad thing.

They’re awful in Intiniki’s opinion, but, and I don’t think this is unfair, I’m not sure Intiniki is the target market for them…

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

What argument is this Pap? That it’s profitable? Generally a good thing, although I know you left wingers do tend to love a good bit of waste and inefficiency so probably see it as a bad thing.

Wonga turns a profit. Awful business though.

There’s no more wasteful system than capitalism, imo.

Not only a Price Pikey but a thief as well

The bear gets lower everyday :lou_facepalm_2:

How are you comparing a make of shoes to Wonga?

They had two labels - one at the front & one at the back - C & A, geddit?

I really didn’t think I’d have to explain this to you dullards.

1 Like

But pants and knickers only have labels at the back. I’ve never had pants with a label at the front. Can anyone back me up on this?

1 Like

Businesses (retail) in this day in age only have a short shelf life, unless they evolve. This is what Woolworths and BHS have not done. As someone else said Debenhams will follow.

HMV are trying to pull out all the stops and evolve with the current trends, but only just hanging in with gaming helping them. M&S keep changing back and forth and are only just getting it right, but I think they will be gone within 5 years along with Debenhams.

1 Like

Mine only have a label at the front. They also have a handy opening at the back so I can squeeze out a turd without dropping pant.

1 Like