Best Lines From A Movie

From my feeds:-

drugs, rock-n-rollā€¦ chips, dips, chains, whipsā€¦ You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, Iā€™m not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals.

2 Likes

Weird Science!

1 Like

Sarah Hughes: Paul, itā€™s only a game!

Paul Ashworth: DONā€™T SAY THAT! Please! That is the worst, most stupid thing anyone could say! Cause it quite clearly isnā€™t ā€œonly a game.ā€ I mean if it was do you honestly think Iā€™d care this much? Eh? Eighteen years! Eight-teen years! Do you know what you wanted eighteen years ago? Or ten? Or five? Did you want to be Head of Year at North London Comprehensive, I doubt it. Iā€™d doubt if you wanted anything for that long. And if you had, and if youā€™d spent three months thinking that finally, FINALLY you were gonna get it and just when you think itā€™s there itā€™s taken away from youā€¦ I mean I donā€™t care what it is, a car, a job, an Oscar, the babyā€¦ then youā€™d understand how I was feeling tonight. But there isnā€™t, and you donā€™t, soā€¦

Sarah Hughes: So, so what, so fuck off, go home, leave you alone? Iā€™ll tell you something Paul, there isnā€™t anything that Iā€™ve wanted for eighteen years, cause I was a kid eighteen years ago. And if I did still want the same things Iā€™d think Iā€™d gone wrong somewhere, because actually I donā€™t want to marry David Cassidy, I donā€™t want bigger tits, I donā€™t want to do better on my mock-Os. Iā€™ve stopped worrying about that kind of thing and maybe you should try.

Paul Ashworth: Well maybe thereā€™s a big bit of you thatā€™s gone missing somewhere, maybe everyone should want something theyā€™ve always wanted.

Why is it that adults arenā€™t supposed to go mad about anything? You gotta keep a lid on it. And if you donā€™t then people are apparently entitled to say what they like. ā€œYou havenā€™t grown up. Youā€™re a moron. Your conversation is trivial and boorish. You canā€™t express your emotional needs. You canā€™t relate to your children.ā€ And you die, lonely and miserable. But you know, what the hell, every cloud has a silver lining.

Stanley Matthews was playing First Division football when he was fifty.
Paul Ashworth: Iā€™ll bet you any money you like youā€™re not playing First Division football when youā€™re fifty.
Steve: [looks at his cigarette] Well, no. Itā€™s the smoking.
Paul Ashworth: Itā€™s NOT the smoking, Steve. Itā€™s the crapness.

Thatā€™s not how the force works !

ā€˜I want you inside meā€™

ā€˜Sounds like you have t least 2 or 3 people in there alreadyā€™

Ghostbusters?

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Originally posted by @Sussexsaint

ā€˜I want you inside meā€™

ā€˜Sounds like you have t least 2 or 3 people in there alreadyā€™

Ghostbusters?

Indeed :slight_smile:

Not lines as such but a very stirring scene

1 Like

ā€œLord, you can imagine where it goes from hereā€
ā€œHe fixes the cable?ā€
ā€œDonā€™t be fatuous, Jeffreyā€

I genuinely divide people into two groups; those who love The Big Lebowski (generally sound as fuck) and those who donā€™t (Iā€™ve got my eye on you, buddy).

2 Likes

ā€œThatā€™ll be the dayā€ - John Wayne in The Searchers, which inspired Buddy Holly to write the songā€¦

(might be repeating myself here!)

I show this film each year to my students leaving 6th form. Itā€™s possibly the most worthwhile thing I can do with my last 2 hours of educating them.

3 Likes

A Coen Brothers favourite:

And a couple from a cinematic master:

1 Like

Originally posted by @TheCholulaKid

I show this film each year to my students leaving 6th form. Itā€™s possibly the most worthwhile thing I can do with my last 2 hours of educating them.

This pleases me greatly. I was a little underwhelmed the first time I watched it because Iā€™d heard so much about it, and on first viewing, its pace can break expectations. It did with me, anyway, although I knew Iā€™d seen some very quality lines - itā€™s just a lot to process on first go.

The performances are intense. Characters overlap each other. Walter is just an asshole, who seems to be wrecking everything the Dude is trying to achieve, but with the exception of the burning question as to whether the Big Lebowski could walk, he was right about almost everything else.

Goodmanā€™s finest ever performance, I reckon.

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

A Coen Brothers favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4

That is a beautiful film, in terms of the way it looks, sounds and rolls. I need to watch it more often. They really donā€™t do bad films. Occasionally, theyā€™ll pop one out that isnā€™t my cup of tea, but I find something about each of them very memorable.

1 Like