šŸŽµ Best Boney M Cover Song

Just really interested to hear what Sotonians believe is the best song that Boney M ever covered?

What is it Sotonians? (@Fowllyd, any ideas?)

Are you off your medication again?

2 Likes

Mrs D_P does a rocking version of Rasputin at karaoke, HTH

1 Like

What took you so long? For my money it would be Maryā€™s Boy Child, but Iā€™m sure others will have differing views. Some may go for Brown Girl in the Ring, though this is perhaps less a cover than an interpretation of a childrenā€™s song.

I heard it said somewhere or other that they had done a cover of King of the Road, but I suspect thatā€™s inaccurate. Hard to imagine such a thing being true.

Like this you mean?

Blimey. Iā€™d never have believed it if I hadnā€™t seen and heard it on here. That was one hell of a find, Bletch - I really must congratulate you.

2 Likes

For the uninitiated @Fowllyd (and his ever loving life) and I (and my ever loathing wife) periodically enter a local pub quiz.

We did so last Thursday evening and during the music round, that cover of King of the Road was played and we were asked to name who was covering it.

Upon hearing the string arrangement and the voice of the female singer I told @Fowllyd that it was Boney M.

ā€œI donā€™t know who it is,ā€ says @Fowllyd, ā€œbut it isnā€™t Boney Mā€.

He got a bit racist too by telling me that the singer was definitely white and English.

I think he wrote down ā€œSandy Shawā€ as our answer, but it might have been ā€œEva Braunā€, Iā€™m not sure.

Itā€™s OK though because Iā€™m over it now.

4 Likes

Can I sayā€¦ā€œBetter than the originalā€¦and better hairā€

1 Like

Boney M?
Weā€™re gonna need a Modern Talking thread as well if were going classic EuroPop

Good grief.

2 Likes

Nah, we just need a bit ofā€¦

or and lets not forgetā€¦

2 Likes

For years I thought that song by Sailor was by Roxy Music

In my defence, I was very young and stupid. Iā€™m now much olderā€¦

2 Likes

Your edit makes me video look just weird.

Bastard.

2 Likes

Gotcha

1 Like

I can see you swearing at me with the same standard of lip sync as the Rory McGrath lookie-likey in the George Baker Selection video.

1 Like

Top TOP stuffā€¦

3 Likes

They donā€™t write ā€˜em like that anymore.

ā€¦thank fuck!

:joy:

1 Like

Thisā€¦

My work is done.

Iā€™m so glad to hear that your over it. I did worry. And Iā€™m glad to see that your thread on the matter has brought you such spectacular results. This must be a boon to your recovery, Iā€™m sure.

3 Likes