:ny: Barry in New York

No Quo so didn’t go.

2 Likes

Jesus, I agree with you on something.

1 Like

I have intention on checking out Stormzy. If I ever see any teenagers face to face again I can try and be down with them. One teenage girl found it v amusing I’d seen BBK in 2017. She even told her mum who asked me if I’d gone and seen “that crap”.

Late 80s, Early 90s Glastonbury was more a performing arts festival, of a size and cost that made for IMHO a better experience, not 20,000 ‘flags’ meaning you can’t see the stage anyway - too big these days to be honest, £38 was fair in them days, about £100 in todays terms.

2 Likes

A different time and 1990 was the end of that time.
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/glastonbury-festival-1990.html

1 Like

The Cure headlining is ironic in a way.

I have to say I’d like to see the back of the flags. Oh actually that’s mainly what I see from the back. I’d like the flags to go. Fine in a campsite if you need to find your tent ( I find lights help more).

1 Like

Yep, was there… and still got the T shirt… (has a few ‘holes’ but inn good nick for 29 years :wink:

did the Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtles headline that year?

2 Likes

Official logo of that year, the ‘performing arts’ vibe as the festival had some bad press from various issues with police and travellers etc… it was unbleached cotton so still had a hippy vibe :wink:

I will have to dig out a photo of 20 yo MoT in his grungy look…

2 Likes

My old avatar on here was taken at Katz’s

Was disappointed tbh.

The Pepsi ruined it

2 Likes

I’d say a large amount of New York is absolute tourist shit but the other bits are great, it is very expensive ie $8 a corona or 500ml beer plus tip = $10 a go so at least double here, the food is ok but not amazing but there is so much to do.
Highly recommend, Tokyo next year hopefully if we have enough time.

Used to favour Pepsi as a nipper. Doesn’t cut it now I’m older. Full fat Coke is the way forward.

Mind you, I know a guy who works for whatever conglomerate pushes Coke and hear that they are changing the recipe for a new line of spirits mixers - shudder…