:pl: :astonvillafc: Aston Villa v Saints :saints:

:astonvillafc: v :saints:

• Lawro’s prediction: :astonvillafc: 2-1 :saints:
  • Johnny Marr’s prediction: This is tricky to call because Saints are going well, but they are better when they are at home. I think this might be a bit of a yawn. 1-1
  • :saints: on a good run, good runs have got to end sometime, :astonvillafc: to win
  • :astonvillafc: are predictably unpredictable, Ings hasn’t set them on fire and they don’t really know how to fit him into their system. However expect him to be MoTM, :astonvillafc: to win
  • :saints: on a good run and long will it continue, :saints: to win.
  • bore draw

0 voters

And on to Aston Villa, a very up and down side, will Ings start as he feels he has a point to prove??

Danny hasn’t been in the best of form. I don’t think they’ve worked out how to play him up front with Watkins.
Very winnable.

2 Likes

We are going to win - no question

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Now I have to get Mrs P_F to phone round the Sports Bars in town to see if they are showing our game so can meet the new Saints fans.

It wont be, but I’ll have wasted “a favour” and will be sat on the sofa swearing as we let them beat us because we are over confident.

Ffs

1 Like

We
Are
Doomed

You think?
West Ham beat Villa 4-1 at Villa Park

Right, now I’m reluctant to tempt fate by predicting a win myself. However, the elderly friend who came to the Norwich game with me is possibly the most pessimistic Saints fan I’ve ever known, and his assessment as delivered over lunch today was as follows; “We look fantastic at the moment. Apart from Djenepo, we could put out any team and play well enough to beat anybody. 3-1 to the Saints.”

:man_facepalming:

Don’t shoot the messenger.

1 Like

Lawro and Johnny Marr say :-

Aston Villa v Southampton

Southampton are one of the form teams in the Premier League at the moment - the Saints kept marching on in the FA Cup in midweek too, despite making lots of changes, and it’s seven games unbeaten now in all competitions for Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side.

Villa’s results, in contrast, have been up and down in recent weeks but they have still been creating plenty of chances in most of those games and I think they will cause Southampton some problems.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-1

Johnny’s prediction: This is tricky to call because Saints are going well, but they are better when they are at home. I think this might be a bit of a yawn. 1-1

Poll added to the OP

Johnny Marr?
He is a GOD.
Whatever he said

1 Like

Only flaw in your thinking is your overtly pessamistic outlook. We would only be doomed because you expect it! Maybe Saints have entered a new era of being, akin to the metamorphis of a butterfly?!

1 Like

Excellent news.

2 Likes

Ahem

Doing this properly.

5 Likes