:pl: :astonvillafc: Aston Villa v Saints :saints:

:astonvillafc: v :saints:

• What @Fatso says
  • What @lawro says
  • @ericofarabia is going, however @gwc is also going so may counterbalance the Eric effect, a score draw therefore is the sensible result
  • bore draw
  • :saints: away form see them through this one, however they again miss numerous chances and bums are very squeaky, :saints: by the odd goal
  • a high energy performance from :saints: see them put a Holt on :astonvillafc:, :saints: by 2+ goals
  • dour affair that sees Grealish score a wordly for :astonvillafc: after he gets Romeu sent off, :astonvillafc: by the odd goal.

0 voters

Someone needs to meet up with Eric before the game and lock him in a windowless cellar with no internet access.
If he actually makes it inside Villa Park we are doomed

If he makes it to The Barton Arms, I’ll spike his drink.

3 Likes

That Pub is indeed on our agenda if we can figure out how to get there from New Street!! I shall have to keep a close eye on my beer!!

I will have my son and a visiting Chris R to act as my henchmen to look after me from both Peaky Blinder Villians and any Saints looking to collect the bounty for my non appearance at Villa Park!!

1 Like

Oh shit
Looking like a loss Eric

Djenepo was shit last week anyway. Probably got injured by rolling around as though a wasp had just had a go at his jap’s eye.

1 Like

Alongside Ings, I thought Mousa was the only other player to come out of the game with any credit. He was the only one who tried to get things moving forward rather than a simple (well it should be but is beyond some) sideways or backwards 10 ft pass.

Yes, I suppose he was positive. His passing however, even his simple passing, was terrible.

Lawro says :-

Aston Villa v Southampton

Both of these teams are in the bottom four, and both of them are on a losing run - Aston Villa’s has lasted three games, Southampton’s two.

Saints had been showing signs of life until a couple of weeks ago, but then they lost late on at Newcastle and put in a disappointing performance at home to West Ham.

I don’t think Southampton’s struggles mean Ralph Hasenhuttl is going to lose his job - I think there is more chance of him being given money to improve his team in the January transfer window.

This is the start of a key period for Villa, who follow this game by playing Norwich (home) and Watford (away).

I don’t think Dean Smith’s side have been playing that badly, and I don’t think they will lack any confidence for this game.

They might even have a bit of a swagger against Southampton, because they will believe they should beat them at home.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Serge’s prediction: 3-3

I’m waiting for what @Fatso says before I create a poll…

I’m finding it hard to be optimistic about this game. First, we’re playing a team whose home kit is claret and blue. Bad karma, man. Second, @ericofarabia will be there. Double bad karma, man.

3 Likes

I feel low on energy and positivity so I’ll keep this brief.

We’re going to lose.

It’ll be 3-1 to them.

Well I fancy us to play much better away than we do at home.

Could see us getting a point or losing narrowly.

Excellent prediction. Could you also see us winning?

I’m waiting for @saintbletch and @Polski_Filip to make their SuperBru predictions, then I’ll tell you what the pundits on here think…

Yep.

And a possible postponement.

Don’t ask me what the pools panel would pick though, I wouldn’t have a clue.

I have officially left the SuperBru league.

It appears there is an agenda again certain people winning the yellow cap. If THEY win then it’s plastered all over the SuperBru thread. If an outsider wins it’s tumble fucking weed and silence.

Let’s just say that I’m Jeremy Corbyn and Big Bitter Bob is Laura Kuenssberg.

RIP

1 Like

I have a good feeling about this one, Villa will be over confident after thrashing Liverpool’s youth team in midweek but I think they will be very tired from all the shots they had and goals they scored, all that celebrating can be energy sapping.

0-1 Ings to continue his good form.

4 Likes

ah get over it you big wet blanket…