⚱ :engerland: 🇦🇺 Ashes 2019, 4th Test, Old Trafford

So the one bit you got right, Smith, the main difference between the 2 sides. Nostrafuckingdamus.

As I’ve been saying and you can’t quite grasp, he doesn’t effect our batsmen nor our scoring.

So if Smith comes out and scores 200 you don’t think that puts extra pressure on our batsmen?

Not if we win the toss and decide to bat of course not, and are you saying our batsmen have folded before they’ve gone to the crease?

No but YOU are saying what Smith scores has no effect on our batsmen. I don’t think that’s true.

Your opinion not fact, how can it affect if England bat first?

If Smith comes out and scores 200 that puts pressure on our batsmen. Cant you read? You have heard of scoreboard pressure in your new career as cricket guru?

And if we’re affected by Smith scoring runs which is hardly a surprise is it? Then we’re fucked, I take it you know this from hearing the batsmen say that?

No, no I didn’t think so.

I was listening to some Saffer the other day talking about chasing down 430+ against the Australians. His comment was that they batted with complete freedom as they didn’t expect to get near the huge total. He reckoned if they were chasing 100 less it would have been a different game as they would have batted with a different attitude.
So yes, how opposition batsmen perform can effect how the side batting second both approach and execute their innings.

After Smith scores 200. How many times has he done that in this series? Was that batting first?

How does this affect us when we bat first?
I’ll think you’ll also find the English one day players in the test team are used to chasing down totals and that what they prefer.
Chase 430 down consistently and not the once and see how many times you go past it, and was this a one day game?

That is your straw man argument. Not mine.

No you simply can’t answer it.

I don’t need to as it’s not the argument I was making. God you’re dense.

You’re choosing not to argue against it as you can’t so you’re cherry picking ie English batsmen can’t score big and feel under pressure is Smith scores big.

You have less faith in our batting than I do.

Nope. Fail.

Well you’re making no sense.

I guess I’m just in awe of your cricket knowledge.
You’ve forgotten more than I’ll ever know.
Such humility.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like