⚱ :engerland: 🇦🇺 Ashes 2019, 2nd Test, Lords

https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1161659074578210818

Utter rubbish.
Must win game & we finish day 1 all square.
Total bollocks effort that

2 Likes

All out by tea then, if that!!

https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1161933555246739456

1.3 overs

WICKET

Roy c Paine b Hazlewood 0 (Eng 0-1)

Gone!

Phil Tufnell

Ex-England spinner on BBC Test Match Special

There were a couple of corkers there to Jason Roy and the ball just moved down the hill, bounced, and good pace as well. What a start for Australia. England need to be careful here.

Hello there. It’s 12 o’clock and all is, well… a bit sticky for England, actually. Two down and Denly sconed, Josh Hazlewood bowling like a latter-day McGrath. One ball still left in the over

While Denly gets a once over the umpires have called drinks . Been all Australia in the first hour, some outstanding bowling especially from Hazlewood.

1 Like

Good recovery, will take that. Need to simply play the balls that can be hit, no fucking swiping or being tempted.

2 Likes

And it’s 76/2 at lunch. Considering the start that’s pretty decent. It’s tough work batting out there by the sound of it.

1 Like

42.3 overs

WICKET

Buttler c Paine b Siddle 12 (Eng 136-5)

Jos Buttler fans look away now. This does not look good. Hanging the bat out to dry as they say.

and as I post this Stokes has gone LBW

138-6

Going well then.

201/6 at Tea

Bairstow 36
Woakes 25

If the weather holds we need to get a big score as they’ll get a shed load as the wicket gets better and easier. Need this partnership to get another 100 at least.

1 Like

258 all out.

Gets back from a nightmare day on bank holiday roads. Opens cricinfo.
Pours large vodka.
Closes espn for the weekend

1 Like

#sportingjingoism is apparent with Archer, what is it based upon? Hope? What else? Nothing substantial as its his first test, I want him to succeed and I believe he will in time, we do this in every sport and its desperate.

The rugby World Cup is in a few months and we’ll pull someone out from there as “World Class” and a “World beater”, we can’t help ourselves and it fucking embarrassing.

Shut your mouth until the job is done.

To be fair we did pull a world class rugby player into the team in 2003 who won the bloody world cup
#iwasthere

1 Like

I tried to, was in New Zealand, that was 16 years ago and we still go on about it, the Aussies and Kiwi’s just throw the trophy in the cabinet and get on with the next one, well in their respective sports of cricket and rugby they do, our main sport we’re wank at so the more I look into it the more shamed I feel…

The Aussies make it look easy and this is supposed to be a bowlers day.

Wicket! Or is it?