⚱ :engerland: 🇦🇺 Ashes 2019, 2nd Test, Lords

Now not allowed to bowl archer due to the light

Proper cricket

3 Likes

Great match… we might not win back the ashes, but if the remaining tests are this good I won’t care… ‘Where were the Bazzas? But frankly who cares!’ :crazy_face:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

https://twitter.com/JofraArcher/status/1163172600769654784?s=19

1 Like

It’s the delusion, blind hope and the #sportingjingoism that makes me chuckle, we’re like God believers. The atheists will quite rightly laugh at such faith.

By any standard that was a sensational spell of fast bowling from joffa archer, yesterday and today. 96 mph, hostile like the aussies haven’t seen for many a year. Can’t you find it in your heart to at least acknowledge that bazza? Rejoice!

4 Likes

It’s great but we drew, that’s all there is to it, he’ll be the same happy with his performance but pissed off with the result, the Aussies will feel like they were in it as well.

Think we can blame the early rain while cost 10 overs yesterday and Jason Roy’s dropped catch for not winning yesterday

If, buts and maybes.

Lol.

That’s true. I can’t think why.

We lose the toss and are then bowled out relatively cheaply making many observers doubt our mental toughness. Cough.

And yet, we then bowl them out even more cheaply.

We batted tremendously well in the second innings. Buttler showed much better focus and determination and Stokes was superb. We only stopped batting when we decided that we’d had enough - declaring to setup a go at victory.

Archer has the debut of all debuts and has put real fear in their batsmen.

With the Aussies crumbling under pressure we narrowly miss a win when time is called.

But I will concede that we were too mentally weak to stop the rain falling from the sky.

Our inability to use the power of the mind to control the weather lost us a day and half of the test match and our chance of victory.

7 Likes

We drew.

So :-

• considering the position we were in after the first day
  • considering all the pundits had this down as a whitewash series
  • considering we had the cojones to set THEM a target on the last day
  • considering we actually managed to bowl Smith out and rattle him

Can you not find some reasons to be cheerful 1-2-3

I didn’t say I wasn’t pleased with the performance (or part of it), we drew and that’s it.

And would you say it was the performance of a team that’s mentally weak?

3 Likes

Who is We in that statement?

Lol.

Liverhampton…thought you knew.

Whoops wrong thread. :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: :funeral_urn: :engerland: :australia: Ashes 2019, 3rd Test, Headingly

Good question, on that occasion no not at all, however one swallow doesn’t make a summer.

But it makes for a great evening!

3 Likes

Behind the scenes from the dressing room during the Archer v Smith battle.

1 Like