⚱ :engerland: 🇦🇺 Ashes 2019, 1st Test, Edgbaston

35 - for 1 wickets (15.2 overs) Burns went for 11

root has been given out twice by Joel Wilson both overturned on appeal because he is completely bloody blind by the look of it.

2 Likes

What the fuck did Roy think he was doing? This is a test match ffs, we are battling to save the game and he gives it the charge as if it is a t 20 game and gets his middle stump knocked out. Great one day opener he may be but never at test level.

80 - for 3 wickets (26.0 overs)
Denly c Bancroft b Lyon 11

Flakes on as keeper Bairstow to #3, Leach for Moeen & get 4 other fit bowlers ffs

Bairstow is no nearer a 3 as Roy is an opener. Root there is the only option, unless Sir Cook comes out of retirement.

1 Like

My 185 all out may have been a tad optimistic.
Root gone

2 Likes

England now 101 - 7, a capitulation. It seems a long time ago since Australia were 122 - 8 on the first day.

1 Like

Must say, didn’t see that coming!

2 Likes

Shut up.
Same thing happened in 2005.
Dawson & Vince to the rescue.
Oh wait, wrong thread I need a pickle

To be honest, once Anderson got injured and we couldn’t get Smith out, it was a pretty much foregone conclusion.

Next match, drop Denly, Moeen and probably (controversy alert) Roy

2 Likes

Bairstow will do well to keep his place too.

1 Like

Yes, i think there needs to be a few changes. Moeen is clearly shot at the moment, as is Bairstow. Denly just isn’t test class. Roy is clearly not a test opener, maybe put him down the order a bit, a lot of noise about Dom Sibley coming in as opener with Burns. Sadly i think Vince has had his chances, not good enough at this level, time for a fresh face to be given a chance. Foakes in for Bairstow, Leach for Ali.

2 Likes

He’ll score 30 runs though

What about bringing Rashid back?

1 Like

Think Rashid has a shoulder injury.

Is Haseeb Hameed fit and playing? He strikes me as just the sort of batsman we could do with right now. Skilful and obdurate, proper Test batsman. Good temperament too - you don’t get to be obdurate without that. And he’s still only 22.

Edit: just been reading this. Looks like he won’t be facing the Aussies this summer then.

1 Like

Whilst I’ve been banned I’ve been smirking at the opinions and “knowledge” on this thread.

How very sad.

You see…this isn’t a conciliatory word that will enable you to enter into a discussion. The ""s are a sign of an entrenched arrogant opinion. You think people are constantly attacking you…they’re not, they’re attacking your arrogance.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: :desert_island: Barry Island has disappeared (but it’s still home to the whopper :hamburger:)