:pl: :arsenalfc: Arsenal v Southampton :saintsfc: (Live on :prime_video_logo:)

It’s December, and we’re going into this game with a chance of catching the league leaders.

2020 has been a fucking mad year.

7 Likes

We shall get the chocolates

Or stay up late and avoid the booze!!

Poll also added to the OP…

what booze am still offshore :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

6 Likes

Will be closed doors, no fans. London in Tier 3 from Weds. Pity there won’t be a couple of thousand getting on their backs.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Bollox

Southampton (18:00 GMT)

Arsenal did not give up against Burnley, even with 10 men, but they are clearly lacking belief at the moment.

The Gunners have had plenty of defensive issues in recent years but they were always a team that created plenty of chances. That is no longer the case, and it is a massive problem for them.

I look through the team and think ‘who is going to get them playing?’ and, while Thomas Partey is out injured, I don’t think they have anyone who can do that.

While they struggle like this, it just raises the Mesut Ozil question, and why he isn’t involved. Whatever the reason is for that, it is extremely hard to argue he would not improve the team if he came back.

Southampton, in contrast, are flying right now and are only two points off the top of the Premier League. It is fabulous to see them doing so well.

They will go to Emirates Stadium and think they can win, and rightly so.

On current form, if you go through each team you would not swap any of the Saints defenders, midfielders or attackers for any of Arsenal’s at the moment.

Based on reputation, it might be a different story - but reputation does not win you football matches.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-2

4 Likes

He copied my prediction the twat, he’s obviously fed up of being wrong all the time.

7 Likes

Well it’s either the best time to play them or the worst time to play them.

I’ve long been of the belief that the Emirates, despite appearances, is a shit ground when the support was there. Fuck knows who organised their hardcore, but they’re in an upper tier in a little pocket where you can barely hear them. Not intimidating at all.

Of course, with London in Tier 3 on Weds, they might be a better side without their toxic fans, who apparently booed when Burnley came to town.

All the pressure is on Arteta. Arsenal could be enjoying their first relegation dogfight for a spell.

Will the quality shine through or will they do a Leeds?

Even the Bro’-in-law who supports Arse understands why they called it The Library.

Not confident in this one, we’re shite against them and they have something to prove.

2 Likes

Comparing the size of Leeds to Arsenal in any event is like comparing us to Bournemouth.

I remember that game. We could have done them and gone top. Ah well, coulda, shoulda, woulda hey

1 Like

It’s the hope that kills…

3 Likes

So all us Superbru competitors are going for a home win then?
I do hope so. :lou_lol:

He was more like the Monk from the remake of Mean Machine

1 Like

Article on the BBC blowing smoke up the formally of this parish PEH.

The main take away is that Romeu is leading the league in tackles with 46.

PEH rolls in 5th with 35.

2 Likes