:pl: :arsenalfc: Arsenal v Saints :saints:

Roger, Roger … The Brownswood it is at 1230hrs. We’re driving to Cockfosters then tripping on the tube. I will have to feed the long legged fella (@SimplySaint) before the game as it will have been a whole hour probably before he’d last eaten … do we need to book a table ? See you all there @Fowllyd, @SO5-4BW, @Saint-or-sinner

2 Likes

Compton Arms, near Highbury & Islington tube, after the game?

Cold, damp & misty today.
I have unashamedly donned my FlyBE training top as a 5th layer for the first time ever when not heading to a pub to watch us lose.
It is a sign.
Probably a sign that sitting in a metal can for 3 hours at 1.5C is cold rather than a football renaissance sign…

@Cobham-Saint if you see this get yourself to the Brownswood for pre match beer and a catch up.

1 Like

Pub is 10 minute walk from Manor House tube. Exit ‘Green Lanes SW side’

See you later on

Dixon and Dixon are settled in rather nicely.

1 Like

Where’s the line up prediction?

I am hoping to see the following in a 4-2-3-1 of sorts.

McCarthy, a RB, pick a CB, pick another CB, Bertrand, Romeu, PEH, JWP/Boufal (if only to demonstrate a willing to have a go at them), Redmond, Djenepo, Ings

What I’m expecting to see:

McCarthy, Cedric, Bednarek, Stephens, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Romeu, PEH, JWP, Redmond, Ings

I think we’ll lose 4-0. Mainly due to our championship level defence. Hope I’m very wrong

Match Thread Reminder

In an effort to keep debate civil and tempers under control at a difficult time for the club, I’d just like to remind members that this is a match thread.

Posts should be related to the match and the match alone.

If you feel the need to touch on issues that aren’t related to the match, such as club ownership or commercial strategy then please post those in one of the many threads that already exist.

IMPORTANTLY, I am not saying that these are not valid things to debate, far from it, but they can drag a match thread into very negative territory very quickly and our team is more than capable of doing that on their own thank you very much.

I’m also not saying that this has to be a happy-clappy endorsement of a team capable of losing 9-0 at home. If we haven’t played well, if we haven’t been coached well or if our strategy is poor then spew forth and debate these points.

Please flag any posts that you believe are inappropriate for a match thread and they will be reviewed and/or moved by the mods.

Thanks.

Get fucked

7 Likes

So Belch is clearly expecting us to get tonked today

1 Like

Curve ball

Hmmm… not sure what to make of that. £15m for Che Adams is looking like a waste if Shane Long is picked ahead of him on the bench.

Odds on Obafemi pulling a hammy?

Anyway… come on the Saints!!!

I like the Obafemi shout.

It says we’re going to use pace. Which means we’re not just looking to defend and we intend to give them some problems.

1 Like

No Danso or Adams in the squad. Two for the future?

I won’t moan too much about that team. Would like to have seen Djenepo start given he’s out best chance of scoring. I feel a bit sorry for Boufal who doesn’t seem to have done much wrong when he’s played. It’s a bit different. It might work (it won’t).

4 Likes

Any reliable stream @Goatboy ?

Ask him which one he used last week.

3 Likes

http://y6stream.club/watch/arsenal-vs-southampton/

1 Like