Arsenal v Saints Match Thread

Given they played today, we’ve got a big advantage!

But it would be too amazing to be real if we won, therefore I have low expectations. :lou_sad:

1 Like

So who is injured or Suspended for Arsenal?

I have tried hard to get Mr A Wenger to join our merry crew, but you know he likes to overpay and is keen on SWF instead. Guess we will have to wait for the press conference.

1 Like

And there was nothing in any of the presss conferences of any interest apart from neither team were looking to buy anybody else during this madcap day of mega bucks deals.

And I never managed to catch who was missing from either squad due to injury or suspension.

3 Likes

oi remember when i famously called that we would beat man utd last week? I feel much the same bout this game. We will win this game 1-1.

1 Like

You see, THAT is the type of quality posting that The OTHER PLACE pines for in these heady days.

What more insight could any fan need that that? The level of Intellect that the Communist system allows to blossom would just be stifled out in the Fascist environment across the IP address.

Fantastic work Bearsy.

I fully expect to be sleeping through the game. So I can be fit & ready for my critical mission for Chertsey on Wednesday

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

Gutted Super Steve is out.

Just been offered tickets, and can probably weasel out of the work thing.

Downside, tickets are my step-dad’s. He is a season ticket holder, for the Arse. :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Southampton FC@ SouthamptonFC 2m2 minutes ago

Southampton FC Retweeted South West Trains

Travelling by train to # Arsenal tomorrow? There’s some important information from @ SW_Trains to be aware of:

Southampton FC added,

South West Trains @SW_Trains
# EngineeringWorkSWT Weekday evening train service alterations between # Basingstoke and # Eastleigh. More info > http://ow.ly/X6bXA

0 retweets0 likes

Good man. Get yourself to the pub pre match and it will all be ok :+1:

2 Likes

Stolen from the Beeb website!

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Arsenal are unbeaten in 20 league matches at home to Southampton since a 1-0 defeat in November 1987 (W15, D5).
However, Ronald Koeman and Southampton did win 2-1 at the Emirates Stadium in the League Cup last season.
Southampton could register three successive league wins against Arsenal for the first time since 1968.

Arsenal

They are winless in three league matches and could lose consecutive home games for the first time in the same season since November 2010.
The Gunners have failed to score in consecutive league games for the first time since August 2012. They haven’t gone longer with scoring for seven years since a run of four successive goalless draws in January-February 2009.
Arsene Wenger has only beaten Ronald Koeman twice in 10 attempts as Arsenal manager (D4, L4).
Alexis Sanchez has scored in both of his appearances against Southampton at the Emirates Stadium. However, he has failed to score in 16 of his last 19 league games.

Southampton

The Saints have won three successive league matches without conceding a goal.
They only allowed their opponents a combined three shots on target in their four league games in January.
Southampton have scored a league-high 10 headed goals in the Premier League this season and also made the most crosses from open play.
Charlie Austin has scored in both of his two Premier League appearances against Arsenal.

Mined from the guano gummed floors of OT’s cavern:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Saints playing well on the counter attack…0-0 after 35 minutes. Hold them, frustrate them for the first half…and spank the Arse in the second half. :lou_lol:

Hello…anyone else out there?

solid so far, just need to keep it as it is and frustrate them. Not the best of games so far.

Soz i’m stuck in hotel no wifis so not even stream RIP

BBC says Austin not even bench tho? What is up with that?

Part One of the game plan successfully completed. :lou_lol:

Bit like the Man U game all over again.