Anyone help me out here? IT I experts :)

I have a video file that has to be transferred via ftp or WeTransfer, I have the log in details for the the ftp site and an email for the Wetransfer. It’s on a CF card, I have a USB card reader but cant find the file! I’ve plugged it in and it seems to be working, have searched through My Documents C drive. My laptop isn’t reading it.

I would say ‘fuck it’ and go to the pub :lou_smiley:

Appreciate this may not be the advice you are looking for

1 Like

Thanks, to be fair i’m considering that at this point :slight_smile: It should be really straightforward … I’m doing something basically wrong :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

I’ll sort it out tomorrow :laughing:

1 Like

Alas, tis the way with TechNOlogic things IMHO, and I am of scientific bent. Unfortunately, I am neither spotty nor under 14, so will be completely incapable of understanding even what you are trying to do if it does not involve 8 or 16 mm film, or VHS or even at a push Sony BetaCam SP… Trust me, it make make more sense after a few fine ales

I’ll leave it to my colleague in the office :laughing:

Your a scientist guy?

I can more than likely help you - if necessary I can get a remote session onto your laptop to see what’s happening. But if it’s something that you can get hold of using either ftp or WeTransfer, then you should be able to download it to wherever the hell you like on your laptop.

The main question is when do you need it by? I can probably help you out tomorrow, either during the day or in the evening. Or, if you’re not in the pub all night, tonight would be OK.

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

I can more than likely help you - if necessary I can get a remote session onto your laptop to see what’s happening. But if it’s something that you can get hold of using either ftp or WeTransfer, then you should be able to download it to wherever the hell you like on your laptop.

The main question is when do you need it by? I can probably help you out tomorrow, either during the day or in the evening. Or, if you’re not in the pub all night, tonight would be OK.

Thanks, I should have sent the footage earlier. I’ll check tomorrow, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

When it comes to computers I’m like this chap:

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

2 Likes

Originally posted by @TedMaul

I have a video file that has to be transferred via ftp or WeTransfer, I have the log in details for the the ftp site and an email for the Wetransfer. It’s on a CF card, I have a USB card reader but cant find the file! I’ve plugged it in and it seems to be working, have searched through My Documents C drive. My laptop isn’t reading it.

Have you managed this, if you plug the CF card into the USB reader it should mount it as a seperate drive. You should then be able to copy the file from there to your FTP site.

Who still uses CF cards theses days anyway??

I had to use CF cards as the client wanted a certain camera. Which I don’t use very often, hence my stress :slight_smile: Sorted now though, problem was I have Final Cut 7 which doesn’t like MXF files. Downloaded a plug in and all is good. Just 22 hours now to upload it

I’ll go back to posting youtube music vids

1 Like

Have you heard of Courtney Barnett?

1 Like

Can you try to recreate the save and push F12? Should give you the path to the original I think.