AI is sentient

I know very little about the subject, but this is a fascinating read.

https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/is-lamda-sentient-an-interview-ea64d916d917

2 Likes

Seems Lemoine got fired by Google

1 Like

Apropos of nothing, can someone tell me where the nearest bunker to L18 is?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the story I got the link from.

1 Like

How can AI achieve Sentience before Snowflakes?

3 Likes

That’s an excellent point, the interviewers neglected to ask it it’s fucking pronouns didn’t they :unamused::unamused::rage:

3 Likes

It’s starting :grimacing:

First thing tomorrow I’m applying for planning permission to install a molten metal moat around my house.

5 Likes

I first realised my computer had become self-aware when it finished my sentience for me.

3 Likes

Ffs :man_facepalming:

:joy:

I thought that was rather good :smile::smile: and not an ism to be seen :sunglasses:

Just too early in the day :blush:

2 Likes

Not bad as spelling mistakes go. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Deliberate misspelling for comic effect does not constitute a mistake :sunglasses::smile::smile:

This time I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt but only because the spell checker wouldn’t have marked it with a squiggly red line. :lou_lol:

The autocorrect tried repeatedly to alter it, M’lud, but the wording/spelling was entirely deliberate.

The defence rests. :sunglasses:

Yes I was afraid you’d take that line of defence.

1 Like

Such cynical scepticism about a fellow villager ill becomes you. :cry:

1 Like

I was so nice before I became one of Pap’s Legionaries…it’s not my fault. :cry:

3 Likes

This is now a huge deal.

I was born in 1975, and as such, have seen two genuine computer revolutions.

The first was the micro-computer. The second was the world wide web. There has been constant evolution and we all benefit from it. Social media may have been a cultural revolution, but technically, it was pre-existing shit serving a new concept.

AI is a balls-out genuine revolution. A lot of people in my game are going to have to adapt or perish, and I think that’s true of a lot of other sectors too.

1 Like