AI is sentient

It’s all very well saying AI will take over a lot of functions/jobs but just how will the masses affected earn money to eat?
Having fallen through the cracks myself will AI just make the elite richer or will there finally be trickle down economics?
Probably the former

That’s a way off, but not far off, which is why I think this is a genuine computer revolution. There is a loit of money to be made between now and then exploiting this tech, and I think it’ll help a lot of people achieve things they never would have.

It is difficult to disagree with your assessment of who’ll ultimately end up benefiting. We’re probably going to need a new paradigm.

1 Like

Can you send this AI fella up my fucking ladder. I really can’t be arsed to paint my house on a BH weekend.

6 Likes

Not yet, but…

Write a poem about a goat boy and his magic van and ladder.

In a land where the hills were green,
Lived a goat boy who was rarely seen.
His hooves were swift, his eyes so bright,
And in his hands, a magic light.

He roamed the valleys, free and wild,
A cheerful heart, forever beguiled.
A van he had, both strong and grand,
A wondrous sight in this fairyland.

The magic van, so full of power,
Could change its shape with every hour.
From silver moons to golden stars,
It danced upon the hills so far.

Atop the van, a ladder stood,
Its rungs were carved of magic wood.
It reached the sky, the clouds above,
A symbol of the goat boy’s love.

For every night, when stars would gleam,
The goat boy climbed to chase his dream.
He reached for stars, both near and far,
To touch the moon, to be a part.

One day a maiden, fair and sweet,
Crossed paths with him upon her feet.
She marveled at the goat boy’s van,
His ladder, too, and then began:

“Oh, goat boy, won’t you share your treasure?
Your magic van, your ladder’s pleasure?
For I, too, long to touch the sky,
To grasp the stars, to soar and fly.”

The goat boy smiled, his heart aflutter,
He knew the truth, he couldn’t utter.
For magic’s gift, a secret kept,
Would vanish if the secret leapt.

So, hand in hand, they climbed together,
Up the ladder, light as feather.
Into the night, among the stars,
The goat boy, maiden, and their hearts.

Their laughter echoed through the skies,
As they collected stars like fireflies.
A bond was formed, a love so true,
The goat boy, maiden, and magic, too.

For in this land of hills so green,
Lives a tale that’s rarely seen.
A goat boy and his magic van,
A ladder reaching heaven’s span.

6 Likes

Rubbish. :rage:

Nowhere does it use the word “cunt”.

6 Likes

And a distinct lack of gratuitous torture.

6 Likes

Tbh reading it was a form of torture

1 Like

I suspect it was trying hard to not make it into a limerick.

2 Likes

Goatboy in his van

Hiker struggles against ropes

Both know pain is near

That’s a hitch-haiku.

3 Likes

Oh, ffs :man_facepalming:

:joy:

1 Like

That’s culture, that is :rage::rage::smile:

1 Like

AI will enable my dreams of becoming a failed screenwriter.

Title: “The Camper-van Chronicles”

Episode 1: “The Case of the Vanishing Members”

[INTRO]

Narrator: In a land of mystery and intrigue, where the sun doesn’t always shine, two unlikely heroes emerge to bring justice to the people of Scotland. Nicola Sturgeon, the fearless leader, and her trusty sidekick, Peter Murrell, set out in their trusty camper-van, armed with nothing but their wits and their passion for justice.

[SCENE 1: CAMPER-VAN]

Nicola: (looking at a map) Peter, I think our first stop should be Loch Melfort Hotel. They’ve reported the sudden disappearance of 30,000 SNP members.

Peter: (nervously) That’s quite the mystery, Nicola. Do you think it’s some sort of political conspiracy?

Nicola: (smirking) Well, Peter, there’s only one way to find out. Let’s hit the road!

[SCENE 2: ARRIVING AT LOCH MELFORT HOTEL]

Nicola: (getting out of the camper-van) This place is beautiful, Peter. It’s hard to believe that something so sinister could happen here.

Peter: Agreed, but we mustn’t let the beauty distract us from our mission.

[SCENE 3: INVESTIGATION]

Nicola: (interviewing the hotel staff) Can you tell us about the events leading up to the disappearance of the SNP members?

Staff member: Well, there was a meeting scheduled with the SNP leadership, but it got quite heated. After the meeting, everyone just… vanished.

[SCENE 4: PIECING TOGETHER THE EVIDENCE]

Peter: (sifting through documents) Nicola, look at this. It seems that the members left after they felt betrayed by their leadership.

Nicola: (pondering) Betrayed? That doesn’t make sense. The SNP has always been transparent with its members.

Peter: (showing her the documents) These minutes from the meeting reveal that there were some decisions made that the members weren’t happy about.

Nicola: (realizing) It’s our own behavior that led to the exodus, Peter. We need to make things right.

[SCENE 5: RESOLUTION]

Nicola: (addressing the remaining SNP members) I want to apologize for our mistakes. We promise to be more transparent and inclusive in the future.

Peter: Together, we’ll work to rebuild trust and bring the SNP back to its former glory.

[ENDING]

Narrator: With the case of the vanishing members solved, Nicola and Peter continue their journey through Scotland, knowing that their work is never truly done. In their camper-van, they’ll uncover the truth, right wrongs, and keep Scotland safe, one mystery at a time.

[ROLL CREDITS]

2 Likes

As long as the opening credits don’t include the skirl of bagpipes, it could be a goer. :+1:

2 Likes

I accepted a Google invitation this afternoon to try out “Google Bard” their AI search engine.

It qualifies its answers with this, “As an early experiment, Bard won’t always get it right, but with your help and feedback, it will get better everyday.”

My question to this is, when does this experiment become the gospel truth?

I posed a tricky question, it immediately came back with a plausible answer but it was totally and spectacularly wrong. :lou_facepalm_2:

Answer was?

Too long to discuss here but believe me, it was bollocks.

Just want to confirm
I have never programmed any AI
So must be another me out there talking bollox

Or oh of course
A Politician programmed it obv

3 Likes

My nipper is doing computing and AI at uni. Final year project he’s dreamt up is to take a song selection and suggest suitable other songs based upon the sentiment and lyrics of the selected song. All good i said, but I want to try it out before he submits it with a) too drunk to fuck - dead kennedys and b) shoot the pompey scum - northam massive. Doubtless he’ll chiose the Mrs choices instead. Fkin snowflakes.

3 Likes

That’s because he knows deep down he’ll turn into you when he’s older, but he’s still young enough to care about that :wink:

2 Likes

Too right. He knows im a right cunt anyway. :smile:. Best for him to keep the genetic influence at bay for as long as poss.

3 Likes