Account deletion

We’ve had a tumultuous time since Brexit. Ex-Trader asked for his account to deleted. Bletch and I reluctantly agreed, setting a precedent. I agonised over the decision afterward, saying it was probably one of the worst things to happen to the site.

So we’re not taking delete requests anymore. I don’t know why we ever took them in the first place. No other site does. My SaintsWeb content is still there, warts and all. It should be. If we removed my posts, half of the threads I ever got involved in wouldn’t make any sense.

What’s brought this on, you might ask? I’ve had two requests in the past month to have accounts deleted. I’d seen what had been going on forum-wise, and while I’m not going to break any confidences, my opinion is that both of them were exasperated after a long day. Cooler heads prevailed, and neither account actually got deleted. It is actually a big deal, and quite server intensive, so I can never insta-delete stuff anyway.

The option is no longer there. Do what people on other forums do and take a breather, a permanent one if need be. We’re not deleting accounts anymore.

I was expecting to be here for a bit, but if I’d known it was Life Sentence i would’ve thought twice.

6 Likes

#BazzaIsNotJustForChristmas

1 Like

ppl don’t want to just stop posting, they want to make a Grand Gesture. A final fk you to papsweb. It seems harsh to deny them this opportunity & plus I don’t like the idea of ppl slipping quietly into the night. Can we not offer some alternative?

I think that the non deletion is right as threads should stand as they are. I agree with the Bear in that they want to make a gesture but surely they can make a final grand post and flounce off into the sunset raising two fingers as they go?

Sorry that Ex-Trader has bailed. I see Verbal is back and posting again over on The Dark Side though…will Furball reappear?

1 Like

I thought A Count Deletion was another cracking new signing that we had never heard of. Gutted.

Am so depressed now I am seriously contemplating…no sod it I am going to take a short break to consider further.

2 Likes

How about suspending accounts and having a big stop hand over their avatars…

I’ve been considering leaving if the correct default action on posting links isn’t changed.

Makes a mockery of the whole site in my opinion…not something I care to be associated with. :lou_angry:

3 Likes

For a week, each of the upsets persons posts should be replaced with a photo of Pap’s (or Bletch, depending on taste) face covered in jizz.

Could you please ensure my Account stays active and is NOT deleted.

Thank you.

1 Like

You lost me Fatstuff…

You want to taste my jizz?

Or you want to taste the jizz of someone who would then cover my face with their (aforementioned) jizz?

1 Like

Either

1 Like

It’s only a matter of time before Rust goes postal, papster.

I’ll handle this.

It’ll be like having an old pet put down, but I’d rather do it myself.

In fact, it would only be like having an old pet put down if that was something you’d really, really enjoy.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Rust-Cohle

Could you please ensure my Account stays active and is NOT deleted.

Thank you.

It’s only a matter of time before Rust goes postal, papster.

I’ll handle this.

It’ll be like having an old pet put down, but I’d rather do it myself.

In fact, it would only be like having an old pet put down if that was something you’d really, really enjoy.

Well you’ve killed plenty of pets in your time. Or would you rather that stayed private ? #BletchtheEviscerater

1 Like

The direction this thread is going isn’t funny, I had to have one of my cats put down this morning you heartless bastards (and no I’m not joking)!!

Originally posted by @BTripz

#BazzaIsNotJustForChristmas

Can we nominate other peoples accounts to be deleted?

2 Likes

Absolutely.

I’ve marked you down for one vote for Big Hated Bob.

2 Likes

Good Stuff - How many gos do I get

Fk you guise, you really know how to cut to the quick don’t you

Sorry to hear of the demise of your pussy BT.