⚽ :saints: A genuine quandary 🤷‍♂️

Excellent news. We always win when she goes to the game.

Not this one.

3C51C13F00000578-4140084-image-a-80_1484933385394

1 Like

Shit @Barry-Sanchez was there a tear in your eye there? This is the stuff legends (or folklore) is built on!

1 Like

Sorry I am late to this cry for help. In short, you need to learn how to support Saints first, if you are to teach your kids.

It’s a tough ask for you, but I think you can do it. We are all behind you. Or in front. I get confused.

6 Likes

No cry for help, none at all, it is a fight for him quite obviously not to support Liverpool, how the fuck do I do that? I’ll always support Southampton regardless of what you think mush, do I support modern plastic stadiums and fans who should be at rugby and the like?
No fuck that, I am a dinosaur albeit a younger one, I miss the Dell, I miss the walk from Bedford Place, I miss the characters.

I miss the Dell too, queuing up at 1pm with my dad to make sure we got a good spot in the Milton terraces, and it was a great buzz on matchdays, nowadays the games I do go to I normally just meet up with my dad for a beer at the rowing club and get in the ground 5 minutes before kick off, different times mate.
But I think if we had stayed at the dell we would have been wrapped up when we went into administration with no viable assets, how portsmouth have avoided it is beyond me.
However there is still hope Baz, even at St Marys there are always hundreds and hundreds of excited kids on matchdays, quite often in full kit with big smiles on their faces, so it just goes to show if you can get them interested early on and get them hooked it is possible, get them watching the games on sky or stream it (just make sure it’s not one of goatboys links that will flash up ads for scantily clad women of the world), try and immerse them if you can, and something might stick.
And even through all the bad times I’ve never once turned to my dad and said ‘why the fuck did you take me to watch that shower of shit when I was a kid?’, not once, not even thought it so they will forgive you for putting them through it :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

If you want your kids to support Saints, stop wearing a full Liverpool kit whilst watching CL games.

1 Like

Is that why your kids support liverpool? :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

I hope so, I’ll try to get him to like us, I have permission to do so but it’s going to be a tough sell and from experience of this with mates who’ve pushed kids to support their sides it does backfire when they get a bit older due to peer pressure, up here there are only Liverpool and Everton fans which is great as down south its the usual cling on glory shite which is thoroughly depressing as I despise parasitic cling on glory fans.

1 Like

Well if it makes you feel more optimistic, my brother moved to Bolton for work when my nieces were very young, and the youngest grew up supporting Bolton which was perfectly understandable as that was all she knew, I will never have an issue with people supporting where they were born/grew up, thankfully she saw the light (and fair play to her it was in the dark days of league 1) and she is now firmly Saints all the way.

2 Likes

Yes I agree but comparing Bolton to Liverpool is like comparing Stevie Wonder to Eric Bristow’s darts statistics…

I got quite excited then that I managed to get you to agree on something, then I remembered that recently someone said that everything someone says that is then followed by the word ‘but’ should be ignored :lou_wink_2:

4 Likes

Thats very true indeed.

Nope. One has supported them all her life. The other is a turncloak.

Eric ad good arrers but couldnt blow the arp for shit.

1 Like

What is a turncloak?

Is that the American term / spelling for it @pap :grinning:

It sounds glamorous, I’d rather have a cloak than a coat if I were to be a traitor.

Westerosi.

I never knew you were a member of the Golden Companies made up grammar police?