:Cricket_bat_and_ball: 5th Test :engerland: England (and Wales) v India šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ - The Oval

I am nearly done cooking dinner followed by a bottle of 10 yr old port I picked up in KL on Thursday so meh. Neh I am allowed to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

251-8

Really valuable runs this morning in the context of the game

284 for 8 thats a winning total

And yes I just fucked it

1 Like

Yeah, great to see Broad sticking around for a bit too. Itā€™s been a while since heā€™s done this.

304 for 8 at lunch

That was good stuff at the end.
Iā€™m guessing as was doing the airport run. Now then Jimmy pitch the ball up and turn them overā€¦

Blinding start here. Broad takes Dhawan for 3. He eventually tries to go for the review but had left it too late.

Looked plumb to me anyhow, angling back in from around the wicketā€¦

Ooh, would have been Umpireā€™s call on impact but hitting bang in the middle.

1 Like

Wicket-maiden to start from Broad, with the wicket on his first ball. Would love to see a proper Broad rampage. His innings with the bat suggests he might be in the zone.

India 6-1.

1 Like

All a bit flat since. India batting sensibly

Yup, Rahul particularly is doing well after taking some time to read the conditions.

Both sides seem to have found credible top orders right at the death of the series.

Breakthrough! Curran gets one to straighten and it clips the top of Rahulā€™s off stump.

70-2.

Got him, piss off, youā€™re out.

Kholi gone for 49

154-5

4 Likes

I reckon that wicket makes it Englandā€™s day.

Would be nice to expose Pantā€™s middle stump though.

Here we go, Stokes on a hot streak. Pantā€™s down.

3 Likes

Bloody good and unexpected day for England that.

1 Like

And that is why I donā€™t gamble.
How wrong was that?
:poop:

Seriously civilised day (apart from shitty Wi-Fi / 4G in the posh parts of the otherwise excellent Oval). Definitely on top after the excellent morning session and then great breakthroufh bowling at important times.

2 Likes

This is getting irritating. 281-9 and the are hanging in there.

Smashing bit of work from Jadeja there. Heā€™s a bit unlucky that Bumrah wasnā€™t sharper with his running.

1 Like

Not a dry eye in the houseā€¦