:carabao_cup: ⚽ 4th Round 2022/23 - :saints: Saints v Lincoln City :lincolncityfc:

We’re still not very good, what a surprise.

22 minutes and no shots, at home to Lincoln City.

we gone and scored

Just as well there’s no VAR

Forgot this was on. Any good? Judging by the line up - a bit so so?

Terrible start, getting more into it now.

Ta - I’ll check in later.

1 Like

Thanks for the link

I turned it on just before we scored. The goal was offside but no VAR. the commentator saying “Che Adams doesn’t miss from there” made me LOL. Clearly somebody didn’t watch the game against Wolves earlier this year.

Our tactics seem to be a lot of sideways passing and then a long switch to a marauding fullback.

What concerns me is that two managers have decided that:

1. Elyounoussi offers enough in attacking midfield
  2. Adam Armstrong offers enough of a goal threat upfront
  3. Salisu’s long throw is worth a wank

Which for me must speak volumes about those players not getting picked.

Perraud bloody fortunate there, seen them given.

Again something we wouldn’t have gotten away with had there been VAR.

Four changes made, reverted to a back 4. DCC, Edozie, Walcott, Stu for ABK, Salisu, A Armstrong and KWP.

Still not very good viewing.

We are winning

Thats six beer tokens coming this way at the moment

1 Like

Walcott has been on for about 5 minutes but is now crocked so Djenepo is on.

1 Like

Utterly unbelievable open goals missed - twice in the last 5 mins!!

1 Like

It ends 2-1.

If you could watch 2 minutes of football which sums us up perfectly, stoppage time tonight did just that.

Elyounoussi and Edozie clear through against the keeper, Elyounoussi squares to Edozie for a tap in and he sticks it wide.

Then, Che Adams clear though on goal with someone else there for support, on a hat trick, on his right foot, but instead of shooting or laying it square he fucks about, fucks about, fucks about some more and eventually once he gets to a tight angle with half their team now back on the goal line, his shit shot is blocked.

It really was unbelievable and yet 100% Saints of the last couple of years.

2 Likes

We’ll be fine when Gapko & Ramos sign in January

1 Like

Comedy gold right there :rofl: :ok_hand:

1 Like

I don’t know what I was expecting from our first game back and Jones’ first proper game, but I had hoped for better than that. Other than more hoofs to full backs, that was business as usual.

All of the same issues are there, as are the same players (getting picked I mean, obviously I know they can’t have left or new ones procured yet!).

Colour me concerned.

OMG here is the Adams shit-show 🫣

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Being really careful not to sound like I’m scapegoating certain players, but objectively…