šŸ 3rd Test :engerland: England (and Wales) v India šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ - Trent Bridge

Couldnā€™t the question be construed as, nobody has been able to form an effective opening partnership with Cook, who has been demonstrably out of nick for well over a year; why are we not dropping him and starting afresh? Who is the common denominator here?

Stoneman was batting a better average than Cook and he got dropped. Iā€™d be looking to find someone to open with him instead. Michael Vaughan was on the radio earlier saying that Cook has ā€˜earned the right to dictate his own destinyā€™ or some such bollocks. This is all completely antithetical to a team sport.

The partnership of Strauss and Cook was largely predicated on Cookā€™s stoicism and Straussā€™s relative impetus. When your stoic player is going to fiddle around pointlessly and then nick off for under 20, the pressure is all on his partner to play the shots, to make something happen. Thatā€™s been the undoing of Vince and Jennings.

Cook has been brilliant for England for years, but heā€™s not brilliant now. He unbalances the top order, heā€™s a walking wicket and the trigger for a collapse.

2 Likes

Only 5 more sessions to go

5 more sessionsā€¦
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

348 - to winā€¦ just sub in the 1 day sideā€¦

From 84/4 to 226-4 only 295 to win

231-6, Bumra on a hat-trick.

My fault, I switched the telly box on

Bumrah got his tail up, bounces Woakes out.

241-7

Me?

They only need to ask.

The only surprise is that it took them 17 balls this morning

And I believe they were charging fro entry this morning

1 Like

TBH I thought the 5th day was always freeā€¦