🏏 1st Test :engerland: England (and Wales) v India 🇮🇳 - Edgbaston

So, the start of the “proper” cricket after :engerland: and :india: share the honours in the limited over formats.

Are we on for some proper 5 day tests or will they all finish early?

Will Vince score over 30 in any match?

1 Like

I’m looking forward to a series of rain interrupted draws. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, especially the 4th test at the end of August :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_rain:

Why doesn’t Wales have a flag ?

They didn’t bring one with them.

1 Like

You can only have 2 emojis in a thread title…:engerland: & :walesisntit:

Get rid of the indian one then :slight_smile:

Racist! :lou_wink:

Whatever next…the Israeli one?

1 Like

Are they even an associate member? Well, maybe the Aussies might be able to bet THEM at White Ball cricket atm.

1 Like

England are pottering along quite nicely so far, albeit with the loss of Cook from some really nice spin bowling into the early damp. But no top order collapse.

India’s quicks aren’t really giving the ball much chance to swing. And I don’t know that there’s be consistent turn for the spinners, so England could do well batting first.

Jennings is back, which I’m in favour of. I admire his gangly stylings.

Massively unlucky way for Jennings to get out there, just as he approached his 50.

I really shouldn’t have fired up Mobdro.
My bad, sorry Joe.
FFS

Ah, I wondered what triggered that little collapse.

@dinger just moved all your wonderful posts to their rightful home…

2 Likes

Kind of you.

I can’t help but feel England have spunked a good day up the wall here post-tea.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to those old type tests where you aimed for 450 + in the 1st Innings?

Can’t watch it today, so making do with TMS. Sounds like Sam Curran is having a hell of a spell.

1 Like

Close.
Nearly loaded we on a ball too early. Tactic seems to be working, ignore test until a break then check and Curran has undone their good start.
But Kojli still there nailed on 250 n.o. for him

1 Like

My bad. Pressed wrong button and Rahane was out.
Or does that mean I can watch?
Hmm complex

Don’t fuck this up for us!