Who is your favorite SaintsWeb Poster

The what now web? What this?

1 Like

Being right in itself is not a “problem.” What does become irritating is being picked up every five minutes because you said Mick Channon scored 25 goals in one season when in fact he scored 26 (please dont check, it is just a guess for an example). There are some things you should just let go.

LOL. Since my anti CBF post he seems to have shot ahead in the populartity poll !!!

I’ve added some more options based on feedback in the thread.

I also don’t understand how hypochondriac was left off the list.

Good call. Hypo was CBFs wing man though so probably got lost in his shadow.

There’s a chap beginning with T who’s going to be secretly fuming he’s not on the list.

Good point.

Originally posted by @Redslo

I am not a big fan of calling things by stupid insulting names which seem less and less clever as time passes. Is that an English thing?

ok, Redslob

Hypo has no personality. That’s the issue.

Originally posted by @Bearsy

Originally posted by @Redslo

I am not a big fan of calling things by stupid insulting names which seem less and less clever as time passes. Is that an English thing?

ok, Redslob

Loser D is also available - but only if you’re English.

1 Like

Although he doesnt post very often, my favourite would be Minty. His arse must be full of splinters with all that fence sitting but a more even handed poster would be hard to find. From the voting so far it seems that the folks here prefer a more aggressive, combative type of poster though (the ones I came here to get away from :wink:).

3 Likes

I too spend a lot of time with people on the spectrum. Truth be told most of us do - probably without realising it. I work with some wonderful examples of how beautiful humans can be created when nature gets it wrong.

Being on the spectrum is less of an insult and more a statement of fact for many, and it’s a great shame that the term carries elements of pejorative instead of being a routine diagnosis.

I figure that I am probably on the spectrum, my wife and son definitely are (daughter less so), but my mother-in-law is off the scale.

Without aiming to insult MLG, he either has the driest sense of humour, coupled to the most dedicated wind-up strategy in history, or he’s ‘on the spectrum’ with the rest of us.

My guess would be that this isn’t news to MLG, and that he has used elements of his make-up to his advantage to get something great out of life.

I wouldn’t presume to diagnose MLG, but for some there is no grey - only black and white. When they experience the grey that others observe and simply ignore, it can represent itself in a way that feels physically painful.

For many, the grey is difficult to ignore.

I personally think that MLG is an excellent contributor.

6 Likes

We have all got stuff going on I’m sure. I was married to someone with big time OCD and that was a nightmare. My current wife has mild OCD which is no problem at all. I dont have OCD but have buttons that can be pushed at times. When I talked about MLG has having a problem I just feel that people who constantly pull up others for mistakes do get a bit waring at times. I once worked with a guy in a management team and all he would do was pull up people for spelling or gramatical mistakes. You would never get an opinion about what was written, just a…oh look he has spelled that wrong. Clearly it was something that rattled his cage but I used to think what is more important, the content or the presentation? We are all wired differently I guess.

It’s a shame that Redslo is too modest to put himself on the poll…Just sayin’

1 Like

Can I take my vote back? I forgot about ART!

2 Likes

How could you forget Saintsweb’s greatest surrealist? Magnificent poster.

2 Likes

ART is funny. I like Chez and hutch too.

1 Like

Where’s Dibden Purlieu Saint on that list?

1 Like

Batshit mental. The Dali of the interweb

I have no opinion because I am unaware of the origin of the name or its potentially insulting content.

But let me use another example. For some reason Southampton supporters often refer to Liverpool’s manager as Brenda. Why? It is obviously intended as a clever insult but it is neither. Implicit in the insult is a belief that being female and a football manager is a bad thing or, at least, that females are inferior to men in this context. I find that offensive, not to Mr. Rodgers but to women in general. It is also not clever. Sure Brenda sounds like Brendon. The first person in history who noticed this and made the pun was moderately clever. That cleverness has long gone by now.

So how does it reflect well on Southampton fandom to call him Brenda? It doesn’t. If you want to insult him, come up with something new and original that is actually insulting and, best of all, clever and true at the same time. I would give an example, but I am not feeling clever right now because I am taking a break from writing about Financial Fair Play and my brain is therefore busy.

1 Like