🍻🍷 The Map of 🇲🇷 Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

Fuck it works! Bletch take a bow… I take it all back

1 Like

You will notice a slice of large salami in the pic- this is to excite Bletch

3 Likes

Can you drink a toast to my Grandfather Charlie…he never came back from Arras in April 1918. :unamused:

4 Likes

:flushed: just done mate - and all the others that never made it home. To think they were mostly ‘kids’ under 23… most under 20 :cry:

2 Likes

Discourse is always correct.

I’ve just seen this Staff message.

:no_entry: WARNING poster @Map-Of-Tasmania is threatening the glorious Sotonians revolution.

Please select moderation action:-

• :dog2: Release the hounds
  • :biohazard: Demoralising plague
  • :uk: Release Nigel Farage :ship: :poop:

0 voters

2 Likes

Actually he was in the older age group…he was 40 and left a wife and 5 kids. :unamused:

2 Likes

Being half German… it’s one of the biggest thinks to go have influenced how I feel about our place in history and in Europe … my grandaftajer were fighting each other in WW2… my German Gran was born in 1913… one of 11children. She had two older brother who she never knew as they both ‘fell’ in 1916… her two younger brothers were both killed on the Russian front in 1944… her husband was capture by the Americans near Amiens and got home in '47…

I have just pissed myself

1 Like

How do I ‘like’ this without a ‘positive’ smiley face if you get what I mean?

1 Like

What, pissing yourself?

:lou_wink:

1 Like

This forum format can create some ‘odd’ sequencing…

1 Like

Does get a tad surreal at times tbf

1 Like

Yep it’s not lost on me that both sides armies were just cannon fodder in pursuit of needless Imperial ambition…fuck em all.

5 Likes

Sorry to drag your evening down…have a good evening and a good holiday. :smile:

1 Like

Don’t be too hasty now.

1 Like

You ain’t dragged anything down… it’s always good to remember the sacrifices that were made that mean we can enjoy the freedoms we have today… even if in WW1 it was so futile

2 Likes

… but I am getting bletched. Iw😳

1 Like

The rather odd thing…or is it spooky the reply count to the right of this reply has just moved onto 1916/1918. :open_mouth:

1 Like

I have heeded the siren summons of a fresh bottle of Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic water, calling me from the fridge. I must admit that I find tonic water rather too strong for my taste; fortunately I also have a nice new bottle of Tanqueray with which to dilute it. Chin chin!

5 Likes

Tanker … Ray… bet yourself some EDEN MILL LOVE :blush::heart: