šŸ»šŸ· The Map of šŸ‡²šŸ‡· Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

Just having a sneaky negroni then off to the Unity tap room for a few.

1 Like

I have not so much ā€˜fallenā€™ off the wagon as ā€˜jumped off, dropped pants, taken large shit on Sobriety Street and jigged away without wipingā€™.

5 Likes

Fuck, what is the time?

1 Like

Youā€™d be asleep or slitting your wrists well before thenā€¦

Too early

Must have been Matt who played 19.:

Alan
12 hrs
Here, for your delectation, are the tracks I played at Steam Town, before going home for an early bath.
Orange Juice - Rip it Up
Terence Trent Derby - If You Let Me Stay
Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio
The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh what a night)
The Tourists - I Only Want to be with You
Tenpole Tudor - Swords of a Thousand Men
Starjets - War Stories
After the Fire - laser Love
The Vapours - News at Ten
Adam and the Ants - Deutscher Girls
Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere
Lush - Single Girl
Sparks - number One Song in Heaven
Magazine - Shot by Both Sides
The Photos - Iā€™m So Attractive
Elastica - Connection
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London
Chaka Khan - I Feel for You
KC & the Sunshine Band - Thatā€™s the Way (I Like it) uh huh!
Yvonne Ellerman - If I Canā€™t Have You
The Divine Comedy - Becoming More Like Alfi

1 Like

Meh. Iā€™ve never heard of him.

After the Fire blimey I actually saw them live & bought their album!

1 Like

Times like this I really wish I drank

Itā€™s never too late to startā€¦hic!

:partying_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d been saving bottles for special occasions.
With everything except the bed & patio set shipped, never imagined bubbles & local cafe KFC

1 Like

My sisterā€™s birthday yesterday and a catch with a friend tonight means Iā€™ve drank way more prosecco than is needed with some g&ts, mai tais on top. Yesterday I had no hangover. Way too much mixing tonight. But at least no proper work until Thursday.

2 Likes

1st up in the under Ā£4 Sweepstake is this bowl of sugar from Kazayak Vinyards in Moldova.
The flatness of flavour of the tongue is only surpassed by the sweet blandness of the total lack of body.
It is however a decent accompaniment to a homemade Pataks Chicken Tikka Masala & Popadoms. And would probably taste better if flooded with a bottle of Tabasco (the wine not the curry obviously)
-12 out of 10.

2 Likes

Just practising.

4 Likes

Sod it, wandered over to my local, I may be snowed inā€¦

2 Likes

May as well chuck it here As good a place as any.

Met with colleagues before a client meeting in The Hippodrome in Market Drayton for a coffee at 9:45am.

Itā€™s an old cinema converted by Weatherspoons.

Walked in and half of the tables were full of blokes drinking pints and pretty much all the rest, mainly women, having a full-on Englishā€™s (breakfast).

One of my colleagues was there at 9am and said people were ordering pints.

Being completely and utterly judgmental, we moan about identikit UK high streets and I thought The Hippodrome was an identikit Spoons.

Chucking out time is a wonder to behold Iā€™m sure.

Could have been the previous nightshift having a beer before going to bed ?

2 Likes

The Ayatollah has had me on a post fondue and wine lake diet this week - apparently I am allow to drink tonight

I donā€™t get this tactic, now I have the pent up enthusiasm of 6 days of enforced abstinence and am even more likely to get shit faced

2 Likes

I can confirm I proved my thoery and the Ayatollah couldnā€™t quite believe just how twatted I managed to get.

Anyway, onto tonight - I think a trip to Bitter Virtue might be on the cards, too wet / windy to go out

Pickled
In my defence it was Mumā€™s funeral today.

8 Likes