🍻🍷 The Map of 🇲🇷 Booze thread whatever the title says (or is changed to when moderately intoxicated)

Are you insured for travel into bandit country?? :astonished:

As well as insurance I hope he has had all his jabs.

2 Likes

Cunts

4 Likes

Bletch, I’ve told you before about looking in a mirror when you’re seeing double.

1 Like

Fucking g trains. Cunts

Did you pass out and get shunted into the sidings in Eastleigh…phnarrr

:lou_is_a_flirt::lou_wink:

3 Likes

…even worse he’s being reupholstered in the Carriage Works. :lou_facepalm_2:

5 Likes

So how is it that I drink three times as much as last night but feel infinitely better this morning

1 Like

‘‘Bletch on a Train’’ - A new film by Grandee Productions

Think, ‘Snakes on a plane’, without a plane and only one small snake exposed by a comatose colourful shirted drunken vagrant alone in carriage as it pulls into Eastleigh…

7 Likes

How did the weekend go, Bletch? Did you get suitably twatted?

1 Like

Define suitably?

Friday with @Rallyboy was great UNTIL the band (a tribute band that @Rallyboy knows well) stopped the gig to announce they were playing a new song “dedicated to Dan in the flowery shirt”.

“Ha hey!” says I whilst punching the air and a’whooping and a’hollering.

The band played Erasure’s A Little Respect.

Everyone looked at me in a new light and @Rallyboy is a cunt.

I don’t have a problem with homosexually but all the 50 something women that had been dancing furtively near me suddenly disappeared.

This post sponsored by Punk IPA - in the Wagon Works for a post work beer with an old mate.

Cunts.

7 Likes

It’s a rare school night beer.

Saints are on the telly, init.

@redjoane can do one :wink:

3 Likes

With you on that one. Wasn’t going to drink tonight, but as you say it’s a Saints night, so opened a Mavrud. Just about to eat, then watch a few of our kids show how little our last 2 managers understood football :blush:

2 Likes

Just had a Crumpet with Marmalade and opened a Doombar.
Cheese and biscuits lined up for half-time and Silton and Port for full-time celebrations.
Got me slippers on and a tartan rug over me legs to keep me warm. Sadly spent me winter fuel allowance already.

4 Likes

So tonight I will be raising a glass to Gerard Basset who passed away yesterday after a battle with cancer.

Gerard, with his wife Nina, was the owner of Terravina in Ashurst and was a founding partner of Hotel du Vin.

As Terravina was within stumbling distance of home and opened the year we moved to Ashurst, we quickly became regulars. Whilst I liked wine previously, Gerard opened my eyes and ignited a passion for wine that endures today, and for which I will be eternally grateful.

He was a Master of wine, a Master Sommelier (both of which are absolute bastards to attain and only he has managed both), he also has an MBA in wine and a MSc in wine. He was world champion sommelier and came Second three times. In short he was a giant of the industry. Despite all these accolades he was one of the most humble and likeable men I have ever met. Not bad for a kid who left school at 16 with no qualifications.

I feel privileged to have known him and to call him my friend.

RIP Gerard, the world is a poorer place without you.

7 Likes

After that write up of his talent, i hope it’s a suitable bottle.

https://www.sokolin.com/media/catalog/product/7/6/76658_zoom.jpg

1 Like

If i was your neighbour, you’d be getting a knock at the door about now😁
Cheers Gerard :wine_glass:

Not tonight.
Not yet.
Tonight is massive. The Greatest moment in history since the last great moment.
Tonight is…

Then I can post spoilers all over the tv threads.
Then I can get pickled

1 Like

Not if I get there first - posting and drinks.