😆 When I Saw This I Laughed Or At Least I Smiled Or At Least I Wasn't Bored

In what situation would you insert ‘ah’, at the start of the phrase? Would this be for more informal situations?

Ah…yes.
The “Ah” in a professional email would denote indecision. That’s a non-starter for me, to convey a feeling of confidence one should eliminate any sort of written breathing space and jump in decisively with a crisp, “YES”

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Never “ah”. Perhaps in a social environment with close friends “oh, for fucksake…”. This can also be usefully employed while perusing the wife’s credit card bill.

2 Likes

I always thought ‘oh’ was a bit posh, like something that bird off of The Good life would say, ‘ah’ seems to roll into ‘for’ a bit more easily to me (maybe it’s my Scottish Heritage where it would be ‘ah fer fucksake’).

1 Like

I couldn’t comment on that. I’m just repeating what my prep school taught me, the butler and valet might have other ideas.

Damn…I like that, it’s honest. No matter your quest for the “common touch” your innate breeding means you’re still looking over your shoulder for peer approval.

4 Likes

Allison Pearson writing in The Telegraph.
“It’s rare for a politician to inspire such emotion, but Boris is loved - really loved - in a way that the metropolitan media class has never begun to understand”.

Aside from taking arse licking to a vomit inducing new level, she is so far up her own, (and his) backside that she can’t see that two textbook examples of the ‘metropolitan media class’ are Allison Pearson and Boris Johnson.

5 Likes

2 fucking hours I’ve been queuing at Sainsburys :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

6 Likes

This weekend, when speaking to the kids, remind them that egg hunt is two words

2 Likes
12 Likes

…bad dog.

Love it.

1 Like

Quality :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

5 Likes

Is that the rear entrance? :thinking:

4 Likes

Looks like its only ‘open’ on Sundays for 2 hours…

2 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

The gift that keeps extending our ability to scream WTF?