What does Sunday morning mean for you?

CB the Southampton half was a brilliantly run race. All the things I thought were shit last year had been put right. Smooth as fuck. The support from Tom, Dick and Harry around the course was amazing (as it was last year). 13.1 miles of people of all ages offering suport and sustenance for no reason other than than they thought it was a good thing to do.

I would much rather sit on my fat arse and do fuck all but this race makes me want to run. It makes me proud of my city and gives me faith in the people I share my home town with. It makes me feel part of a community. It makes me proud to be a Sotonian.

Everything else is nonsense.

5 Likes

Running it I get, watching it - no thanks. I would love to do it but my knees and ankles are shot.

2 Likes

This morning I was on get up duty as ordered by the wife. I’d also been up at stupid o’clock when youngest had a nightmare. I’m now fucked but have uber brownie points.

Usually I feign death until as late as possible and then go out on the bike for a steady recovery spin.

2 Likes

Sunday morning’s Mrs Bletch gets tea and breakfast in bed (Saturday’s too).

Having discharged that duty, I usually make the best cup of coffee of the week - one that I’m not in a rush to drink.

I might then listen to some music (as opposed to having music on while I’m doing other things), play guitar or do a bit of exercise.

I usually then catch up on client work that I didn’t get to during the week, and either kick back for an afternoon of sport or go for a walk with Mrs Bletch or a mate.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Sunday morning’s Mrs Bletch gets tea and breakfast in bed (Saturday’s too) Having discharged that duty, I usually make the best cup of coffee of the week - one that I’m not in a rush to drink.

I might then listen to some music (as opposed to having music on while I’m doing other things), play guitar or do a bit of exercise.

I usually then catch up on client work that I didn’t get to during the week, and either kick back for an afternoon of sport or go for a walk with Mrs Bletch or a mate.

Love the sound of this fella. I like every opportunity I get to ‘listen’ to music. Not just have it on, but get lost in it! I cannot play the guitar very well at all, but nothing I like more than just strumming along aimlessly. Then I love a hike. Normally up a hill or 2 for a few hours with a pal or a family member.

2 Likes

Sunday morning’s Mrs Bletch gets tea and breakfast in bed (Saturday’s too).

And what of the other five Mrs Bletches? I hope you treat them nicely.

1 Like

Today I cycled around the city supporting Mrs RB at various corners of the half-marathon, and hiding in the bushes when I saw the Goat approaching.

I also shouted support at the Benalis, Matt and Ralph - and anyone wearing a Saints shirt.

But the highlight had to be cycling through the traffic gridlock at six dials and around Carlton Crescent created by anyone dim enough to ignore the warning signs.

Hey, there’s a massive event on that is likely to cripple the city’s road network - let’s go for a drive!

1 Like

Agreed, Mrs Bletch makes an amazing tea and toast in the morning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She does indeed.

She also told me you’ve got a small cock!

1 Like

Oh, fuck off you word bore.

1 Like

I might then listen to some music (as opposed to having music on while I’m doing other things),

With you on the active listening Bletch. I don’t play background music at all. Love the silence. Love music as well, but as yourself, I love listening to music, not using it as a silence filler whilst busy doing other stuff. Silence is beautiful, and is a form of music all of its own, when you listen to it intently.

Music for me is about feeling. I can’t ‘feel’ it if I’m distracted with other shit, and not really paying attention. When I’m choosing to listen to music, then I’m wired right into it. Identifying and appreciating each of its unique subtleties, and how every aspect and placement of each instrument contributes to the whole tapestry. It’s about being transported into a different place, a state of being, where the music itself seems to envelope me, and I absorb the feeling it creates. Music is Soul-food, and Sundays is the time I get to mostly be alone, and really enjoy listening.

1 Like

Try to get my legover on a Sunday morning. If so, then the day is good. If not, then the Hump Grump comes out.

Generally, though, during the autumn & winter months, the day is spent ferrying kids about for sport / cinema / parties. There is always some DIY to do and I try whip up some gastronomic delights in the afternoon, whilst seeing off a bottle of malbec. If the timing is out, I end up making a total mess of tea as i’m too pissed. Summer time is generally out and about, maybe with some cycling or walking thrown in too.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

But the highlight had to be cycling through the traffic gridlock at six dials and around Carlton Crescent created by anyone dim enough to ignore the warning signs.

Hey, there’s a massive event on that is likely to cripple the city’s road network - let’s go for a drive!

Truly no accounting for the idiocy of some.

Getting out of The Dell onto Wilton Avenue (via Milton Road) can be a pain at the best of times due to the traffic lights at the Hill Lane end - and for the last 8 months it’s been exacerbated by roadworks on Wilton Avenue, forcing the traffic down to one lane with temporary traffic lights.

We left it as late as possible to run errands yesterday but Milton/Wilton were still stacked Westbound back to Bedford Place. But rather than leaving the single lane (past the roadworks) free, the morons coming West/up the hill kept filling it so that we couldn’t even get out of Milton Road and East/down. So there was zero traffic heading in the same direction as us, yet we were completely and utterly penned in.

The temporary traffic lights would go green; we couldn’t move due to the single lane being stacked; main lights onto Hill Lane would go green and a few cars escaped; more people filed in to block the single lane; temporary traffic lights again would go green and again we couldn’t move… rinse and repeat.

Eventually I lost the plot - which I’m not especially proud of - and unleashed a torrent of abuse (that really encapsulated the frustration of a Sunday) at the latest bunch of morons that had blocked us in. You know when somebody tries to give back as good as they get, only for it to suddenly dawn on them that they’re in the wrong? That look of resignation and awkward shift of eye contact to absolutely anywhere else? Yeah, that.

Sunday, bloody Sunday.

2 Likes

Tried to get onto Hill Lane yesterday well after the road closures, completely fucked, turned around, went home, drank beer and watched Leicester v Swansea.

Once we finally got out of my road it was a piece of piss to drive around Havelock Road/Western Esplanade and out of the city. Can only imagine the sheeple were following sat navs to even attempt to leave via the residential roads.

We usually lie in on Sunday mornings and get up in time to hit a pub for Sunday lunch. This often provides time for some horizontal jogging :lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sundays mean rock all to me, as I work shifts, so everyday is pretty much the same.

If we have played on a Saturday and I wasn’t working and not working the next day, Sunday will be a very slow day as I’ve probably over indulged in Celebrating or Commisserating the result :wink: This Sunday was slow!!

One advantage over here is that we don’t suffer from Monday Morningitus!! It would be Sunday Morningitus for many people as the working week is Sun - Thu. I take issue with Phil on this, the weekend here is Fri - Sat.

Thursday is the night most people really let their hair down etc. Cubbing or Partying. Friday is more of a crazy day at Brunches but many people are so trollied by 6 that i the end of their day!! The hard core move onto Karaoke and other bars and it can be really really messy going into such a venue sober!! Saturday is Sports Day, but majority of people are offski pretty sharpish after the match in preparation for the start of their working week.

So in summary, Thu is Fri, Fri is Sat (except it is also Sun as well it is Mosque and Church Day) and Sat i Sun but with more sports thrown in!! Sun morn is Mon morn.

However for me none of that counts. 10 day shift cycle means everday is different from one week to the next. Don’t ask me what I’ll be doing next Sun as I haven’t got a clue without checking my roster!!

1 Like

Don’t the other people in The Pub find it a bit off putting whilst they are trying to eat their Sunday Roast?

1 Like

Pretty much with Eric on this, if I am at work it is the same as every other monday although we possibly have an emergency drill and muster to perform. and if I am at home it’s relax by the pool or at the beach and drink beer or vodka and rum.

Yeah but you think that they would be more broadminded in 2016!!!