The X Factor

I am with those who hate it because it has dumbs down music. I dont care what kind of stuff anyone likes… but just go play, create and enjoy it. Not expect it to be handed on a plate after a few week on a TV show, manufactured for folks who need to be told what to like.

I played guitar and sang in several bands as a student… mostly bashed out pretentious naive indie pop with lyrics that make me ashamed to admit I once had a hand in… but at least we tried to go our own way. We had folks come and see us play live on a Saturady night… some even came back a second time :wink:

Seriously, I loved the year that Rage Against the Machine got to number one. Just sad that the killer line about why this was the right song to use was never heard by those that would have benefitted most from it.

That said… if folks enjoy it, fair enough, I dont mind that. Amd maybe its even doen real music a service as it might encourage more to screem ‘Fuck you, I wont do what you tell me’ and get the guitar out :wink:

1 Like

Pottery??

We must be at rock bottom now.

I hate the Strictly show the most! I hate what it’s done to my Dad. I was down there the other week & my Mum + Dad was watching Strictly (they arrange their lives around it) and my Dad, my own Dad, who I know for fact couldn’t tell a Foxtrot from a Fox’s Arse, was saying things like, “ooh, he’s not on form this week,” and “oops, missed a step there, love.” And then when this one bro come on, he was like, “Check this guy here, James (he calls me James), I must’ve watched his last dance about 10 times in the week.” And I was like, “Oh, did he fall over or something?” And my Dad was like, “No, it was just a really good dance.”

FFS dad RIP :lou_sad:

7 Likes

Box of sequins for christmas?

3 Likes

I hope that the teens who are manipulated by x factor into buying songs by ready made pop stars are taught a lesson by the adults who are manipulated by social media into buying an old record that they already own. If people want to buy shit, let them but shit. X factor doesn’t mean no choice, they’re will always be creative people making good music and they’re will always be talentless people making shit music that people buy for some reason.

I would never buy a record made by an x factor contestant but I still watch the programme because I quite like it. I want Anton to win this year and have already voted for him 3000 times.

2 Likes

Is he the one with the flip-top head?

1 Like

I’m at a complete loss why anyone would want to watch Strickly Come

1 Like

he may have a flip top head, I’m not sure.

1 Like

Yeah but I liked Susan Boyle. I won’t have anyone diss Susan Boyle. Only for the one performance though, nothing that followed.

BUt on a serious note, its why on further reflection, I do think these shows are wrong - the reason there were ‘gasps’ fake or otherwise, was because all anyone saw was this middle aged plump un made up women who they were all waiting to have a good laugh at as she made a fool of herself… as they do with many of the ‘hopefuls’ specifically chosen for TV auditions to give us the car crash moment - when plenty of average, yet more talented folk never get that far.Its faked to entertain and appeal to the more callous elements of our nature. It is often as cruel as a children’s playground.

5 Likes

But regardless of the narrative around it, I still think that performance was the real deal, and that’s all that matters.

Brian…you expect too much of old people. :lou_sad:

1 Like

Agreed it was a great performance, but the ‘shock’ implied that there was no expectation that this contestent would be anything other than the fodder for a laugh/ridicule - almost as if the audience had made up its mind based on its prejudices over her age, sex, looks and clothes…

You mustn’t think of the contestants like real people, rib crack. That’s not fair. They are the physical embodiment of mortal sins, like Arrogance, Self Delusion, and Avarice, and must be vanquished in the cruellest way possible.

3 Likes

Fair point mine oft surreal/sexuallyconfused ursine friend. I like the way you are thinking on this one. Only yetserday I was finaly forced to ask one of life’s more complex questions associated with thsi very thing… ‘Who the fuck are the cunting Kardashians and should I give a fuck?’

Exactly, Cracked Nob. And that’s why I so disappointed by her performance. I’d got myself ready for a good laugh and had that joy snatched away from me.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Bearsy

(he calls me James)

As in Bond?

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

(he calls me James)

As in Bond?

Hunt. Rhyming slang innit.

2 Likes

I hate the Strictly show the most! I hate what it’s done to my Dad. I was down there the other week & my Mum + Dad was watching Strictly (they arrange their lives around it) and my Dad, my own Dad, who I know for fact couldn’t tell a Foxtrot from a Fox’s Arse, was saying things like, “ooh, he’s not on form this week,” and “oops, missed a step there, love.” And then when this one bro come on, he was like, “Check this guy here, James (he calls me James), I must’ve watched his last dance about 10 times in the week.” And I was like, “Oh, did he fall over or something?” And my Dad was like, “No, it was just a really good dance.”

FFS dad RIP :lou_sad:

I just have to hear that awful music and I can start to lose the will to live. Couple it with that rubbish "keep dancin’ " and the rubbish half attempt to dance at the end and I am ready to kill someone. At least they have got rid of that doddery old fool Forsyth. Still, it could have been worse I suppose, they could have fitted him out in spandex and sequins.