The tolerant Barry Sanchez?

Yes, by almost 700. I’m in second place.

The tolerant Barry Sanchez indeed. Strange as I am always called intolerant.

Can someone clarify what a downvote is for then? I use it if I don’t like what someone has written or to annoy them if they’re moaning about being down voted or to show hatred for Optimus Cunt.

3 Likes

Trust me Barry, if you get a down vote from me it it always because of the post.

This is why we don’t have normal people like Chapel Kate posting here, Fatso :lou_sunglasses:

When Chapel Kate replied to you on Twitter little did she know that she would become a meme on here; a name for a liberal, sandal-wearing shrinking violet.

Don’t be such a Chapel Kate

…we will say from now on.

1 Like

Who the cunting fuck do you think you are? Chapel Kate?

She is limiting her vocabulary by not swearing

2 Likes

It would be amusing if ye olde swearing is a sign of a limited vocabulary is part of her objection. Most of the regular contributors here are well educated wordy wankers.

1 Like

Twat.

3 Likes

Maybe Pap, but swearing is fucking, big, grown up and fucking clever.

In the immortal,words of Father Jack, drink, arse,feck, wimmin, feck!

1 Like

Tolerance -

Given what goes on elsewhere, this is a haven of tolerance. Yes, it does all kick off occasionally but in the main the meltdowns are few are far between and the fall out is ofter fairly limited. I like to think I am a tolerant chap (and if that means I am a sandal wearer, sobeit) and I think most people here are, but we all have our limits. Many years ago I was on a forum called the Saintslist (and I believe we have some other members here?). There were the usual spats and make ups but there was one particular poster that I found it harder and harder to be tolerant towards - either in his posts to me or to others. In the end we had a flare up, I decided enough was enough and bailed. It was a shame because there were some really decent people on the list that I had met and shared several pints with before and after games. But I knew that if I stayed it was only going to get worse and I could tell I had gone beyond the point that I could deal with it rationally. After many years on The Dark Side and its predecessor I reached the same point. There were some posters there whose responses to me or posts to others had taken me beyond the point of tolerance and it wasnt doing my blood pressure any good, so I let my membership expire (although I do still engage with the site I just pop in and out now). There are people who disagree with each other that could still have a few pints and a laugh and have am amicable relationship. There are other people who you would change your local in order to avoid them. I hope that this place doesnt tolerate behaviour from posters that forces others to leave. Irrespective of the up and down vote, the mods are very experienced in sussing up trolls and WUMs and I hope that there is zero tolerance to people who consistantly operate that way. I would miss this place so much and most of my fellow posters (welcome back Cherts by the way) but I would bail at some point if there was a clear bad egg or two that were bringing the place down.

2 Likes

If you keep bailing on forums, maybe YOU’RE the intolerant one? You need to learn to tolerate WUMs, trolls and bigots.

1 Like

Given how useless Barry is at anything computer related, I suspect the lack of downvotes is down the fact he hasn’t found the button yet…

:lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

Fair play that’s he’s never downvoted anyone, not sure I could do that with the amount of abuse he takes.

Long time no see stranger!

Afternoon buddy! We need to get together for local drinks at some point.

1 Like

This seems as good a place as any to bring this up, but I worry for @Barry-Sanchez. We don’t quite know what year he is living in, the site has undergone a transformative overhaul. I worry that when he gets back, he’s going to assume the end times are coming, and will assume the role of a post apocalyptic punk motorcycle gang leader, claiming fiefdom over Cressington, Halton and the Shell garage on Aigburth Road.

4 Likes

Can I just say that when we turn the Digest email on, all users that have not logged in for 2 weeks will get an email showing them the best highlights and things they may have missed.

How does Discourse decide the best bits? It goes from views, minutes spent reading a thread (I shit you not - it’s uber smart) and UP-VOTES.

So to ensure that @pap’s post above makes it into the Digest Email, up-vote it now!

Ok, with GDPR and all that stuff do we need to opt in or opt out of receiving mailbox filler content?

I’ve turned off all email notifications in my settings bit

The Sanchez has landed.

The Sanchez has landed.

@Barry-Sanchez is online as we speak.

I give 9.76 nano-seconds before Discourskynet kicks in and bans his tardy arse.

2 Likes