The Sotonians Advice Seekers Thread

I bought a diesel as I can’t believe the government would piss off such a large swathe of the electorate with something too punitive.

1 Like

Is it culturally appropriate to still toss midgets?

Is driving the midget a euphemism there?

As the recognised arbiter of short people’s rights, I believe it depends on the size of your hands.

Riley in the Midget

1 Like

Yes of Course and Ten pin midget bowling is fun.

Hmmmm…I have started to think the same thing. Even in Europe where they’ve started to introduce the idea of bans, it’s not till 2024/25. Realistically, no car I buy is going to last that long. It would be worthless, obviously by the time any ban came in. So…bans, I can live with, not sure about taxation policies though.

Yes, just look at any dance troupe.

It’s all midget tossing in one form or another.

I’m currently leasing a diesel and as far as the ecology of the planet I don’t give a fuck. I am however concerned about punitive taxes on diesel, should they appear so my next will probably be a petrol/hybrid Aston Martin.

1 Like

Partner has a diesel car and plan is to run it until it dies and as were in London may not get a replacement and hire when we need a car but not likely to buy another diesel.

The govt announcement/ policy on diesels is massively misjudged. It should be aimed at older / much older cars, which (in bloody hindsight) are actually quite polluting, though fuel efficient.

Since 2011, diesel cars have met the Euro 5 emission standard and they are much, much, cleaner than older cars. I cannot believe that these will be banned / heavily taxed, it would make no sense.

3 Likes

97% of vans in this country are diesel. I reckon a few bargain second-hand buys could crop up before the taxes get too extortionate.

1 Like