:fifa_logo:🏆 The Qatar World Cup 2022

The OzzyRoos have their AFC playoff Jake the Peg match tonight (UK Time). Get the privilege to get up at 3:30am and will more than likely get served up a performance like Scotlands than Wales.

If by some sheer simple twist of fate that we win, we play Peru next week in the Intercontinental Playoff, all because our coach (Graeme Arnold) is a massive twat that achieves nothing.

Ok, he may have been coach when we won the Asian Cup but that was more the team than him.

Ah well, see what we get served up

3 Likes

Sorry for the late update!

Well, the Gods of Embarrassment have shone down on us and we WON against UAE.

A well hit volley by Aiden Hrustic (remember that name) aimed at the keepers midriff hit Rick O’Shea and won us the show.

Now Monday Night (your time) we get to do it all again against Peru! At this point I am hoping we do win for obvs reasons of getting to another World Cup but as Freddie once said, “It’s in the Laps of the Gods” and this God has a certain humour Ozzies don’t enjoy lol

3 Likes

Well lads, the day of reckoning is upon Ozland Football. #prayforus as we know no different than doing things the hard way! I suspect a winner will come in second half injury time, which way that will fall, I am only hoping is ours. I shall report back in when the result is known

3 Likes

I have money on Peru so you should be ok :smiley:

4 Likes

Phew, feel much more confident now!! lol

Confident about penalties?

More than if it were England lol

Phew!!

1 Like

Yep. Congratulations, you have lived long enough to see the “Redmayne Shuffle”. Don’t ask me what our goalie just did, that is best left unsaid!

2 Likes

Game played in +30c conditions and that’s in an air conditioned stadium :hushed:

1 Like

That is going to live on forever as the 'Dance of the Grey Wiggle"

1 Like

I worry about football supporters I really do

Revealed - your starting XI if England’s World Cup opener against Iran was tomorrow -

2 Likes

We deserve to lose if that’s what “supporters” like / want :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Was that the team that was playing when the fans were singing you don’t know what your doing

Guess JWP gets to sit on the bench then

3 Likes

Depends who’s bought him in the meantime. If it’s one of the favoured “big” clubs he might even get a game in a meaningful match.

3 Likes

OK geeks/recruiters, get some Engerlund fan programmers onto the job.
Under cover obv

2 Likes

The ball being out of play or offside could definitely be automated - that would effectively do for the assistant lino